TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:18:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,158
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 92
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 94
  • Total: 94

Global Tags

Started by SadisticSilence, June 17, 2011, 07:43:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SadisticSilence

Link to my site: localhost
SMF version: 2.0
TP version: 1.0 RC2
Mods installed: None

When trying to add Global Tags in the Admin section, nothing actually gets added. Not to anywhere I see, anyway.

However, when I add a Global Tag through the actual article itself, it works but shows up as $value on the page and writes to the database as what I typed in {dbprefix}_tp_articles & {dbprefix}_tp_variables. E.g. "Nintendo"
Tags added this way actually show up in the Admin section as $value, but if I try editing the name, it disappears.

IchBin

I'll have to take a look when I have more time, but it sounds like a bug. Post back in the next day or so if you don't hear from me.

SadisticSilence

Just gonna bump this because I had completely forgotten about it...  :-[

SadisticSilence

Works perfectly from within the Edit Article, but from the Admin section (index.php?action=tpadmin;sa=modules;tags) all tags are wiped out when "save" is clicked

IchBin

No errors or anything? I can't reproduce the same thing with all of them getting removed. I have fixed several bugs with tags though...

SadisticSilence

Nope. Nothing at all.
Emptied the cache, tried again and the same thing - doesn't write tags and wipes out existing tags.
Still works from within articles, though...

I'm not too bothered about it, so don't stress about it because of me. I just think it would be a really powerful feature if it worked the way I remember how it used to work in earlier versions of TP.

I'll be moving the site in to production in about 2 weeks (hopefully) so I'll be able tell you then if my problem's a TP thing or a server thing (seeing as though you can't replicate it)