TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:28:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 324
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 337
  • Total: 337

Clarification re TP 1.0 and SMF 2.07

Started by welshdog, May 02, 2014, 06:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

welshdog

Link to my forum: http://www.australianopinion.com.au/
SMF version: SMF ver. 2.0.7
TP version: TP ver. 1.0 (Final)
Default Forum Language: English
Theme name and version: SMF Default
Browser Name and Version: Chrome... whatever v it is.
Mods installed:
Related Error messages: /Sources/Query/String etc

Just uploaded the 'full upgrade' of SMF 2.0.7 to my site to recover it after a Mod uninstall caused some grief. Went to reinstall my Mods, includingTP and got the error message.

All the topics I've read about the 'query' installation issue suggest removing/uninstalling the 2.0.6 to 2.0.7 patch, installing TP and re-applying the patch. My problem is I'm not so sure this will work on my site as I already had the 2.0.7 upgrade installed (with TP working) when the site crashed and now I've copied over all the files anew the 'patch' is essentially not installed as such.

If I can 'simply' reinstall TP I assume it will do again what it has done in the past, i.e. go get it's database, reconnect and work flawlessly. But I'm a bit stuck. We've been using TP in its various forms for many years (maybe 9 or so?) and I really don't want to lose the functionality. Is there a simple way to overcome the problem please??

Edit: I was wondering if it was possible to use the Emulation function in SMF to install TP under 2.0.6??

Maxx1

Just so some will know, I have installed the TP with the error mentioned to several sites without issues, on the SMF 2.0.7 and all is working fine. But it is up to you to try. But for me it's just fine, I may investigate the error later though there maybe something done on a work around not sure, you may want to search.

It' just that one error correct?

regards,
Maxx
But Mama, That's Where all the fun is!

welshdog

Quote from: Maxx1 on May 02, 2014, 11:42:12 AM
It' just that one error correct?

Yes just the one error. The Mod shows up on my list a version 1.107 I hope that *is* the current version?

The error is displayed as follows:

13.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/QueryString.php   Test failed
   1.   Replace   ./Sources/QueryString.php   Test failed

I have no idea what that instruction means anyway but I'm willing to give is another go and continue the installation. The worst that will happen is I have to reinstall the large update to get the site online again... I hope. :)

Thanks for the feedback.

welshdog

Quote from: welshdog on May 02, 2014, 01:22:23 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

Went off, installed, ignored the warning and... all seems well so far. :)

Thanks for the feedback and giving me confidence to try it out. Fingers crossed all will be well from here on in.

Problem solved.

IchBin

You can make the edit manually after you have completed your install.

Maxx1

Thanks Brad, I thought so but, was not certain on the edit.. :)

regards,
Maxx

ZarPrime

Version 1.1, which fixes this issue will be released soon.  At this point, we are still doing some minor testing, and then it will be released to the public.  I'm guessing that perhaps we need to post the required edit for the QueryString.php file for TP 1.0 in a sticky topic, maybe even in the News board so that it will be on the FrontPage here.  That way, we can keep from having to continually answer questions about the edit until we can get TP 1.1 out.

@Brad, @ Lurkalot, what do you guys think about that?

ZarPrime

lurkalot

Quote from: ZarPrime on May 02, 2014, 10:22:50 PM

@Brad, @ Lurkalot, what do you guys think about that?

ZarPrime

I'm fine with that Zar.  O0  Although (as you already know) whoever installs TP, or any package which needs edits will be shown the edit required directly from the install page. I guess this problem will arise with people who are new to SMF, and don't realise..

sturmkatze

Quote from: ZarPrime on May 02, 2014, 10:22:50 PM
Version 1.1, which fixes this issue will be released soon.  At this point, we are still doing some minor testing, and then it will be released to the public.  I'm guessing that perhaps we need to post the required edit for the QueryString.php file for TP 1.0 in a sticky topic, maybe even in the News board so that it will be on the FrontPage here.  That way, we can keep from having to continually answer questions about the edit until we can get TP 1.1 out.
Where can I find the manual updates I need to make after the  ???install?

Maxx1