TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:28:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 117
  • Total: 117

showcase posting guide

Showcase Board Posting Guide

The Showcase Board is for our Members to Showcase their sites that use SMF and TinyPortal.

Any topics for sites that no longer use TinyPortal are subject to deletion at any time, at the discretion of the TP Support Site staff.

SpursNetwork.com - Fansite Forum

Started by SN, November 24, 2009, 01:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SN

Site Name: SpursNetwork
Site URL: Link removed, no longer using Tinyportal ???
Site Owner: Me
Site Designer: Me
Theme Designer: Bikken (Modified by Me)
Site Genre: Football (Not American Football)

INTRODUCTION
My Forum is a Football (Not American football) Fansite Forum for a Team in the UK call Tottenham Hotspur aka Spurs who are in the Premier League. Have got 1500+ member, and did have over 50,000+ posts but due to problems with a back up and changing server we lost many posts, but was able to save 10,000 of the posts thanks to the help on the SMF forum :)

FEEDBACK
Dislikes: lack of info on front page and want to make it more interested for guest to make them stay longer

Freddy

Nice looking site there - yeah I agree you could do with more on the front page - I'm not sure what, but a lot of footy sites seem to try selling kit and memorabilia etc...

BTW congrats on the 9-1 win :)

ZarPrime

Yeah, the site looks great if you ask me.  I'd say, if I was a fan, that there's enough on the FrontPage to keep me occupied.  What's important is to have stuff on the FrontPage that will make your fans want to look inside to read more.  Perhaps a current News board set to show on the Front Page for a teaser, maybe with 100 to 150 characters in each post.  Id say you've got the start of a great site there though. :up:

ZarPrime

SN

I have updated my website to TPb5 and SMF2.

Take alook, i would love to know what you think :)

Blue Steel

wow very nice.. a lot better than mine ..

SN

ZarPrime

SN,

I gotta say that I am ver impressed with your site.  It looks fantastic and I can't think of anything that would improve it though I'm sure that you will keep working on it and make it even better.  It looks even better than it did before. O0

ZarPrime

SN

Thanks ZP :)

Still needs some little tweaks here and there. In IE it doesn't look to great & working on a search bar within a top Block.

My aim was to go for more content this time

Mick

Ooooooo i like that ;)   In fact, i like a lot :coolsmiley:

One thing tho'.... is it me or, are you using .gif images?   It seems to me some images look weird.
\

-Register Today
-Vist Forums
...and logo text

Maybe is my FF.

SN

Some gifs. i just replaces the original DZ studio source files. what images look strange to you mate?

IchBin

Site does look great. The only thing I noticed is some spelling, but I wonder if that is just a pun on something I know nothing about. lol

Board description: All Tottenham talk here! Post here and shear you opinion

Mick

Quote from: SN on April 13, 2010, 02:33:03 PM
Some gifs. i just replaces the original DZ studio source files. what images look strange to you mate?

The text in the logo, register today and visit forums,

the edge of the font or text, doesnt look smooth like on a .png image.

It may not be the case. maybe is my browser..

SN

Quote from: IchBinâ„¢ on April 13, 2010, 02:51:31 PM
Site does look great. The only thing I noticed is some spelling, but I wonder if that is just a pun on something I know nothing about. lol

Board description: All Tottenham talk here! Post here and shear you opinion
your right didn't even notice that

Quote from: bluedevil on April 13, 2010, 02:57:35 PM
Quote from: SN on April 13, 2010, 02:33:03 PM

The text in the logo, register today and visit forums,

the edge of the font or text, doesnt look smooth like on a .png image.

It may not be the case. maybe is my browser..

i think i might re-save them as PNGs

SN

Updated my site alittle. to give it a bit of a fresher look. Took some inspiration from some of Dziner Studio themes.

i would love to know what you all think, maybe some ideas or suggestion to improve. :)

Crip

Looks like Bikken's Silent Way theme ??
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

SN

it is, i just customized it

EDIT: i see what now mean now crip, i haven't updated the first post... i was using reference on 1.1.x but when i switched to 2.0 i changed to silent wave

Crip

No problem , I was thinking you might get a 'clue of what I meant' :)
Slick looking site. :up: :up:
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

WillyP

Very sharp looking site!  O0 And it loaded very fast, too.

IchBin

Indeed, a great looking site! I noticed a spelling error in your scrolling title/news thingy.

QuoteWELCOME TO SPURSNETWORK.COM ââ,¬Â¢ MADE BY THE FANS FOR THE FANS ââ,¬Â¢ THIS WEBSITE IS BEST VIWED IN FIREFOX

I think you could do better for a background image too btw. :)

lurkalot

Looks great to me too.

Images look fine to me in IE8.  Only one thing I noticed though, those two big  "Register Today" and "Visit Forums" links open a new window when clicked.  Might annoy some people.

Nice work. ;)

candidosa2

TinyPortal 100% Translate Portugues and Brazilian