TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:58:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 292
  • Total: 293
  • @rjen

1.0.5 manual install

Started by massyboy, April 28, 2008, 07:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G6Cad

Reuplod the language files ( or all of them) manually to your server where you have the site installed.

Make sure they are added in the themes/default/language folder.

And if you use utf8 you need to grab the english utf8 language package and extract the zip and then upload those files to the same dir.

Kromel

I have the same issue.  Missing text in my menu. Also, I cannot add the Shoutbox.  When I change it to TP Module, none of the module selections show.

I reuploaded the language files as mentioned earlier in this thread, to no avail.

my website is:  www.orderoftheblackrose.net

IchBin

Kromel, I know your issue may seem to be the same, but we need people to start their own topics so that things stay organized. Did you look at the FAQ in the support board?

massyboy

I've reuploaded all files now and still no luck

G6Cad

If the language files are correct and still no show it muct be missing code somewhere.
Go through the manuall install documentation and follow the steps there.
Make sure all files from the TP package are added correctly ( no zerobyte files) and also check so the TP code got added as it should in to the SMF files. ( follow the modinstructions from the doc section we have )

massyboy

G6Cad

If you run TP V098 yes, but if you use tpV1.0.5 no, then you need to use this
http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=23127.0

massyboy

Ok, I've now done it via that page's mod instructions but now when I go to the admin section, when I click onto any of the admin links, it just takes me to the forum frontpage (not the TP frontpage, just the list of forum sections etc).  Any ideas now?

Cheers for the help so far though guys-appreciate it

G6Cad

Yes, start learning how you should do things correct from the start so we dont have to waste time telling you the basics of everything you should know before you install mods to your SMF forum.
When you use something you should read the manualls that comes with what you want to use. Atleast the basics of it.

DEFAULT is the PRIME keywords. Default CORE THEME ( not the custom you have now) and DEFAULT ENGLISH.

When you install ANYTHING to your forum, it HAS to be made to the DEFAULT CORE theme as everything is based of that theme and not your own custom things.

Start over and this time, use NOTHING but default settings.

massyboy

There's no need to be so hostile.  This is part of the learning process.  I mistakenly used the wrong manual install instructions as I couldn't find the instructions on the site (there are a lot of sticky subjects and I couldn't find the relevant info).  Not everyone knows what they are doing which is why they come to the support site.  I don't feel there is any need to be so unhelpful.

At which point did I say I was using a custom theme?  I've done everything tot he DEFAULT core theme.  My question is totally different to the answer you have given me.  I was asking why when I click on an admin function, does it take me to the forum?  I don't understand the hostility and the response to my question