TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:08:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

Fix for the end of the .PHP files

Started by Biel Delgado, April 01, 2020, 07:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biel Delgado

Hello everybody!

First, excuse me for my english, I'm from Spain and I'm trying to write as clear as I know. If something of what I am writting can't be understeable, please tell me I'll try to fix.

I am making a Portal and after try various Portals (MKPortal, ADKPortal, SimplePortal...) in my SMF, the best at the moment and fully responsive with the correct theme was the TinyPortal.

One of the problems I had was I need to use the "Spanish Es UTF8" for the special characters of my language. For that reason, I made my custom language for my website, and I think for that reason some of the PHP files of my system was to be fixed and writting as perfect as my site need.

What's meaning? I had some troubles with the built-in captcha of SMF and after two hours reading in forums, I noticed that testing my website with the file "file_check.php" posted in SimpleMachines.org could solve this and other more language problems. Just with the language files of TinyPortal.

The FIX is that almost all .PHP files of the system need to finish with "?>" (the end of a PHP code) and some files as one or two blank spaces after the TAG "?>", and some files has to been resaved has UNICODE-UTF8 without BOM, thing that may cause troubles with some mods, and with the SMF. The 99 percent of the people is not having trouble with that, I think the problem was the UTF-8, being more extrict with the code itself. At least for me, it solves a lot of problems in my site.

I let us the FIX if you having troubles like me. You can test your site with "file_check.php" attached in the file and test your site before and after.

QuoteREADME

HOW TO INSTALL:

This is the method for a fresh and original installation of TinyPortal, without mods or files customized.

Simply replace those files for the ones in your server, you can copy&paste those directories to your SMF folder and replace all the files.

If you have some files customized, you can easily fix them adding at the end "?>" tag if is missing, or deleting at the end some blank spaces if exists.

I hope it helps someone. TinyPortal is a very good work as I can test. I am very happy with my site now!

Thanks and greetings!