TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:45:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 195
  • Total: 195

need help, my server is slow

Started by deep034, December 05, 2006, 04:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deep034

well i got the answer for my questions, thanks for who helped in some way,

SMF/TP rocks, :)

IchBin

Thanks for clearing up the topic at hand deep. :) I think we all were a little confused. I hope your forum takes off as much as you anticipate.

deep034

Quote from: IchBinâ„¢ on December 06, 2006, 05:12:36 PM
Thanks for clearing up the topic at hand deep. :) I think we all were a little confused. I hope your forum takes off as much as you anticipate.

ya i hope so too, but my site is less of a forum. forum is just there to just get feedback from users and kinda get a little community chat going, its more like a portal for all the myspace users to get what they need and they can submit their work like layouts, etc. from the looks of what you guyz were saying earlier, looks like you were confused between myspace and myspace resource sites. they are completely different and without myspace there wouldnt be any resource sites. :)

thanks and i cant wait for TP v9.7 to come out, but as you've seen my forum has been modified lot by me so i dont think i'll be able to install the new SMF 1.1 . I already gave it a shot but i get an error when tryin to download it through the package manager saying (the package is corrupt..) :(

but i got what i need and wont need SMF 1.1 that much since I have RC3. thanks for everything guyz and keep up the good work!

Thurnok

Quote from: deep034 on December 06, 2006, 06:08:15 AM
let me clear things a bit, my website is not another social network, its a resource website for myspace. and the 10,000 i gave was the lowest possible, i know websites that have tools running on over 200,000 profiles. i guess you mis understoof me, most websites out there for myspace recieve way more traffic than even SMF website, over 100000uniques per day.
and when i talk about scripts/tools running on myspace profiles, im talking about that they are hosted on ur server and perform queries in ur database. so i dont think u can imagine more than 200000 profiles trying to access your database frequently everyday. so i hope these things make some points clear.

When I say that I DO know, unless you know me, then you should not dispute that fact or attempt to infer that I do not.  If you would like some information of how many servers I have in my server farm, and how many client devices access those servers, and the number of platforms I support, you can PM me and I'll be happy to fill you in.

Otherwise, try to keep your posts regarding your issue, and not about what you think you know vs. what you think someone else doesn't know.