TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:37:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,161
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

[How-TO]: World of Warcraft Website Design v1.3

Started by Inny, May 02, 2009, 11:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dramber

Very nice guide! Wish I would have had it 6 months ago. I had to figure out how to do most of these mods by trial and error. 

wolfface

Hello Inny;
From what I heard, this is an excellent guide...allow me to say thank you for all your effort.
I am trying to follow this guide to build to a forum for my guild.
I am currently using
     1- SMF 1.1.8 (thats the one supported by my hsoting company)
     2- WOW-DK Theme latest version (wow-dk119v1)
However, when i try to install Tiny Portal ( 0.9.8 ) using that theme i lose the forums tab, and the home page becomes empty, and in turn i can't proceed with your guide...
So my questions are:
      1- is this theme not compatible with this guide or TP??
      2- is there any other (close) theme you would suggest so i can follow this guide??
      3- if this theme doesn't work wit TP, can i use the mods without TP??

you can find the forums by following this link: www.dwg-uther.com and then clicking on forums tab.
thank you so much again.
Wollf

Inny

erm, what are you reasons for using TP0.98?

There is a guide on how to add a Forum button, i think its this

For:
1) There are various issues regarding this, most probably you might need a manual install. Im certainly sure than WoW-DK is fine with TP
2) Im not a WoW theme fan, you can check my signature for our website. There are many themes around that are fine for running a WoW Site
3) SMF mods have nothing to do with TP, TP is a mod itself so the answer is yes you can use the mods without TP

P.S: As for the theme check this
I think somewhere in this forum theres a new version for WOW-DK compatible theme. Need to search a bit to find it because i dont remember where and how i crossed it :P.

Crip

Quote from: wolfface on May 30, 2009, 04:21:59 PM
Hello Inny;
From what I heard, this is an excellent guide...allow me to say thank you for all your effort.
I am trying to follow this guide to build to a forum for my guild.
I am currently using
     1- SMF 1.1.8 (thats the one supported by my hsoting company)
     2- WOW-DK Theme latest version (wow-dk119v1)
However, when i try to install Tiny Portal ( 0.9.8 ) using that theme i lose the forums tab, and the home page becomes empty, and in turn i can't proceed with your guide...
So my questions are:
      1- is this theme not compatible with this guide or TP??
      2- is there any other (close) theme you would suggest so i can follow this guide??
      3- if this theme doesn't work wit TP, can i use the mods without TP??

you can find the forums by following this link: www.dwg-uther.com and then clicking on forums tab.
thank you so much again.
Wollf

You can use the converted 098 WoW-DK Theme ---
http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php/topic,5349.0.html
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

Riggs

Quote from: maviel on May 07, 2009, 03:41:59 AM
found another option to this with the thing i needed however it was a SMF configuration. I haven't tested this yet but:

http://wowhead.crackpot.us/

Will fix this as we speak supports SMF 1.*

EDIT:
Works like a charm and u even get "epic" look on epic items. U can add stuff such ass:

*  Item Syntax: [item]{item name}[/item] or [item]{item id}[/item]
          o You can also add enchant="{enchant_id}" and gems="{gem1id},{gem2id},etc."
    * Item Icon Syntax (Default Size Medium): [itemico]{item name}[/itemico] or [itemico]{item id}[/itemico]
    * Item Icon Syntax (Specific Size): [itemico size=(small|medium|large)]{item name}[/itemico] or [itemico size=(small|medium|large)]{item id}[/itemico]
    * Quest Syntax: [quest]{quest name}[/quest] or [quest]{quest id}[/quest]
    * Spell Syntax w/o Ranks: [spell]{spell name}[/spell] or [spell]{spell id}[/spell]
    * Spell Syntax w/ Ranks: [spell rank={#}]{spell name}[/spell]
    * Achievement Syntax: [achievement]{achievement name}[/achievement] or [achievement]{achievement id}[/achievement]
    * Itemset Syntax: [itemset]{itemset name}[/itemset]
    * Craftable Syntax: [craft]{craftable name}[/craft]
    * For any of these you can add the lang={en|fr|de|es|ru} option to force a language for that given object.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

DOH!  Domain expired.  Anyone have this information stored somewhere else?

BTW, EXCELLENT Guide!

wolfface

OMG..
Thanks Inny and Crip for the prompt response  :up:
i really appreciate this guys..
i will definetly try it ASAP and let you guys know the results  ;D
Wolf

Inny

No problem

As for the itemstats links i suggest using directly the WoWhead script that i have in the guide. Much more simpler and its one less mod to take care off, plus you dont need to update anything.

You can see an excessive use of it here.

In forum posts you can use the URL tag for it and pretty much everyone before linking items is going through wowhead or thottbot. Theres a script from thottbot aswell, i will check it out and maybe add it aswell, since i know you can use both at the same time.

wolfface

Hello Crip;
I am using the theme you suggested, and which i believe you converted, looks awesome and kick ass, and for that i thank you.
One small problem, SMF is giving me a warning on top of the forum:
" Attention of WOW-DK theme:
This theme doesn't correspond to the version of SMF that you are using. This theme is made for SMF 1.1.3. "

What can i do to fix this??

Again I appreciate you and Inny's help.

Wolf

Starrbuck

There should be a check-box on the theme settings to turn off the warning.