TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:13:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 119
  • Total: 119

1.0.5 manual install

Started by massyboy, April 28, 2008, 07:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massyboy

Anyone else able to help me on this as I don't know what to do?  I've re-done the mods but it's still just going to the forum index page instead of to the admin sections

Ta

Storm2

I guess you made a mistake somewhere in edit the smf files.
Just take new(original) ones from the smf1.1.4.zip and edit them correct and upload them again.

And change your attitude dude, these people here are volunteers that try to help you, with flaming them it will not make you populair.

massyboy

I wasn't flaming them, I was just saying there was no need to be so rude.  I was merely asking for help and was told I shouldn't be stupid and do things properly.  I think that is grossly unfair and the wording of my response wasn't in a rude manner either.  All I said is that I don't understand where the hostility towards me came from when my requests for advice seemed perfectly normal, surely there's nothing wrong with my attitude with a response like that?

Ken.

Mix-ups like this can and do happen when someone hijacks a topic and posts conflicting information.

If you look back carefully through this topic you'll see that someone (not the original poster) interjected themselves into this discussion and included a link to their site where they had a custom theme in use and thats what caused the topic to get off base a little.

The point here is that hijacking a topic is not a good thing to do and this discussion proves that point.

massyboy, so that we can get back on topic please tell us where dose your issue stand at this moment?
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

massyboy

Hi ken,

Thanks.  I see where things have gone skew-whiff.  I have decided to go back to 0.9.8 as I have used this before but also I am still trying to get 1.0.5 to work in a separate folder.  I've started from scratch and I'm trying to go down the automatic path once again after turning off safe mode

Ken.

Having a test forum is always a good way to go because it gives you a way to try new things or learn new skills to make it easier to run your live forum.

Are you satisfied with the current setup that you have? If so then we can mark this as solved.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

massyboy

It seems to be working for me so far so feel free to mark it off.  Not sure of the cause to the original problem but it's not an issue for me any longer and not sure what happened

Thanks for everyone's help anyhow