TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:55:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 247
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 257
  • Total: 257

Why I prefer TinyPortal over SimplePortal

Started by BabsProductions, April 12, 2020, 06:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabsProductions

First off, I want a modification whose forum isn't completely archived. And the SimplePortal forum is archived, leaving but the topic to be my only source of support, and for this particular reason, I switched to TinyPortal.

Speaking of TinyPortal, I certainly hope my website gets approved, because it's powered by the TinyPortal modification. Oh, and Simple Machines too.

Some mods don't even have forums, which is...ok, I guess??? It's freakin' annoying, but I know I can easily just go to the modification's topic at the SMF Community for help.

But just because I can doesn't mean I'm interested in it. So you can keep this forum up if you want.

@rjen

Good to hear, we are trying to keep TinyPortal up to date. Glad you like it...
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

BabsProductions

Quote from: @rjen on April 12, 2020, 07:59:44 PM
Good to hear, we are trying to keep TinyPortal up to date. Glad you like it...
Good, good.

lurkalot

Quote from: BabsProductions on April 12, 2020, 06:53:53 PM

Speaking of TinyPortal, I certainly hope my website gets approved, because it's powered by the TinyPortal modification. Oh, and Simple Machines too.

You're referring to approval for the showcase board I assume. Your site is pretty much out of the box in terms of looks and layout at the moment. Perhaps when you have it up and running for a while, with content and posts we'll look at getting it approved.

Re: This support site, it's been here a long time now, and not disappearing any time soon as far as I'm aware.  ;)

BabsProductions

Quote from: lurkalot on April 13, 2020, 12:59:33 PM

You're referring to approval for the showcase board I assume. Your site is pretty much out of the box in terms of looks and layout at the moment. Perhaps when you have it up and running for a while, with content and posts we'll look at getting it approved.

Posts? Yes. But I won't get as many if I don't have any members - it's difficult to gain any members when they aren't really interested!

lurkalot

Quote from: BabsProductions on April 13, 2020, 01:55:38 PM

Posts? Yes. But I won't get as many if I don't have any members - it's difficult to gain any members when they aren't really interested!

Think we all have that problem, I've been trying to get members to join for years without success.

BabsProductions

Quote from: lurkalot on April 13, 2020, 02:07:34 PM

Think we all have that problem, I've been trying to get members to join for years without success.

Yeah, well, I'll gladly join your forums. Might even ask you to join my forum while I'm at it.

lurkalot

Quote from: BabsProductions on April 13, 2020, 04:04:34 PM

Yeah, well, I'll gladly join your forums. Might even ask you to join my forum while I'm at it.

No, you're OK, there's no point joining a forum unless you have an genuine interest in what's being discussed on it. ;)

BabsProductions

Quote from: lurkalot on April 13, 2020, 05:05:19 PM
Quote from: BabsProductions on April 13, 2020, 04:04:34 PM

No, you're OK, there's no point joining a forum unless you have an genuine interest in what's being discussed on it. ;)

I'm planning on making a film with cameras, plus I like guitar music (in some way), so... Yeah. That's why I joined the Guitarist Guild and the Camera Craniums forum. This leads me to wonder if I should ask you to join my forums as well. To be brutally honest, I haven't asked you that, so that compels me to... y'know, ask.