TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:53:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 132
  • Total: 132

TinyPortal 1.0 Stable release..?

Started by EasyRider, August 18, 2011, 08:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EasyRider

Hi there to all team,  :)

For me TP is the only portal i like to use even if  i work with joomla & smf.

I like to see the new stable release soon and  enjoy it.

When you guys plan this release..?   

We have to wait big changes..?

thanks again for this useful script   :) O0
SMF  1.1.11 / TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 /default theme

IchBin

Working on it. Waiting on beta testers to test bug fixes as well as doing more testing. RC3 will be the next release. If nothing major is found, a TP 1.0 stable release shortly after.

EasyRider

Well, this is good news IchBin !  I hope you guys do some nice changes to refresh let's say the user feel..

Personal i like to see in this release the  "review" (item/s?) option. I don't know if it possible or easy,  but i like to see some new functionalities in TP 1.0 !
SMF  1.1.11 / TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 /default theme

IchBin

No new functionality for heck sake. lol We need a stable release. In order to do that, we can't keep adding new functions when we are in the RC stages. RC means release candidate. That means it should be considered stable if there's nothing majorly wrong.

Any new features will have to be in the next release after TP1.0 final has been released.

Shadow

So, Later down the road you and the team going to put new stuff in TP? I know not in the RC stage. I just wonding?

How many version's of RC the team going to put out?

IchBin

Already answered your question about how many RC's above.

Quote from: IchBinâ,,¢ on August 18, 2011, 08:27:26 PM
Working on it. Waiting on beta testers to test bug fixes as well as doing more testing. RC3 will be the next release. If nothing major is found, a TP 1.0 stable release shortly after.

Well I haven't decided what to do yet. Picking up on such a big project like this has been a lot of work. And right now, I still feel like I only understand about 50% of what Bloc has coded. If I decide not to add more new features, I may just start with a complete re-write. Don't know yet...

Shadow

Quote from: IchBinâ,,¢ on August 19, 2011, 05:55:42 AM
Already answered your question about how many RC's above.

Quote from: IchBinâ,,¢ on August 18, 2011, 08:27:26 PM

Well I haven't decided what to do yet. Picking up on such a big project like this has been a lot of work. And right now, I still feel like I only understand about 50% of what Bloc has coded. If I decide not to add more new features, I may just start with a complete re-write. Don't know yet...

Umm, I mean Every time Bloc is thinking to get it up to Version 11. The team will make 3 version of RC? I'm sorry I didn't write it out right now you.

WillyP

There arn't a specific number of RC. When an RC is released, it is always hoped it would be the last one. And if there are no major new bugs found in an RC, it is the last one.

So, the answer is, there will be as many RCs as it takes to get a bug free version, then that becomes a stable release.

Shadow

Thank's Willp for the answer I was looking for. I do understand where you coming from