TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:43:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 83
  • Total: 83

showcase posting guide

Showcase Board Posting Guide

The Showcase Board is for our Members to Showcase their sites that use SMF and TinyPortal.

Any topics for sites that no longer use TinyPortal are subject to deletion at any time, at the discretion of the TP Support Site staff.

docsPT.com

Started by FragaCampos, March 28, 2009, 03:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FragaCampos

I only edited the index.template.php.
I didn't know how to add another line, so i just replaced the other one and changed it's place. Nothing else. I didn't touch the subs.php or TPBlockLayout.template.php files.
And no mod that i have changes the copyright in any way.

Wouldn't it be just a matter of adding the code part with the copyright that comes with the newdef theme?

IchBin

I'm sure it can be done that way. But it still doesn't fix the underlying problem. If you change themes, you have the same problem. Zarprime shared your link with me, and I also noticed you have some problem while on your default core theme. You have some code text that appears at the top of your page. This usually happens when you have installed a mod that didn't modify a file properly. It is usually the modifications.english.php file. The mod will some times add or change the code after the closing php ?> tag. You need to make sure that all code is before the ending ?> tag. If that doesn't help in your copyright issue (I don't think it will), let me know. If you'd like I can take a look and see if I can figure out why its not displaying. You may have more issues than just a copyright not showing though from the looks of it.

FragaCampos

I did see that on default theme, but the modifications files are all ok, the code is all before de ?> tag. I know the mod who caused it, but it appears only in this theme and i didn't have the time to look at it, besides, no one is using that theme on my forum.
Also, the copyright issue is several months older than the installation of this mod.
I'm sorry this thing is taking so much time to be solved :(

IchBin

Well if its not a modification file, it is one of the other files. I would first check all language files for that problem. Then I would check the files in the Sources.

FragaCampos

I think i got it now :P

ZarPrime

Thank you.  URL replaced in OP.

ZP

Edit:  FragaCampos, you should be made aware that you still have major problems with your SMF install and the default theme.  Take a look here --> http://www.docspt.com/index.php?theme=1

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

FragaCampos

Thanks.

Quote from: ZarPrime on August 05, 2009, 10:44:19 PM
Edit:  FragaCampos, you should be made aware that you still have major problems with your SMF install and the default theme.  Take a look here --> http://www.docspt.com/index.php?theme=1

I'm aware of that, still none of the registered users uses that theme, and i 've no error in the newdef theme.
Thanks for the warning, thought, i'll try to solve that as soon as i can.

ZarPrime

Even though your users won't be aware of it, every custom theme that I know of uses bits and pieces from the SMF default core theme to work properly.  Even if you don't have any problems now, there is a good chance that you will see problems with your site in the future because of the issues with the default core install.  I'm just giving you a heads up Bro'.

ZP

FragaCampos

Thanks, I'll look into it.