TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:12:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 123
  • Total: 123

Intergrating Flash Chat with the New Tiny Portal v1.0.5 beta 1.

Started by -SyN-, April 18, 2008, 07:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-SyN-

I guess you can say that this is an alternative for those with custom themes and having problems with Flash Chat.

First Install Flash Chat in your server, if you havent already.

Next, In the Tiny portal Admin, I created a new Html Article in the Articles  and categories section. Click the add html tab and then an editor will open. Name the article "Chatroom"  or whatever you want and then click source and use this iframe code,

<div align="center"><iframe width="850" scrolling="no" height="638" frameborder="0" border="0" style="border: 0pt none ; margin: 0pt; padding: 0pt; overflow: hidden;" src="http://yoursitedomain/chat/flashchat.php" ></iframe></div>

Edit the width and height to your likings.
Now before you save, make sure you have these options selected,

Type of article: HTML article

Now you can save.
After saving you will still be in that same section, to the right you will see an options link, click that and make sure that EVERYTHING is unchecked.

I have my left blocks check so the users will have options available when they are in the chatroom, but thats entirely up to you if you want you left or right panels active.

Save and and you will be in that same window, click the preview link next to where your article's title is at (what you named your chatroom), and take a look at your chatroom page you created. IF you are satisfied with it and everything is working, the weblink in your browsers address, copy it and go to Admin > Tiny Portal > Menu and add a new link in your menu block, Name it Chatroom or whatever and insert your weblink inside and save.

Now you have your flash chat installed in the new TinyPortal v1.0.5 beta 1.

here is a screen of how mines came out.

FYI, I made my own theme for Flash chat to match my site. :)

Hope this helps.

-SyN-

wyckeddreamz

would this same thing be possible with the Ajaxchat from blueimp?

IchBin

wyckeddreamz

giving it a shot now... I'm teh suck at coding, so I'll post back with my failure or success :)

SmokyBlue

i have this working for a client.. latest install of flash chat  ^-^

can be see at http://www.dangerousmindz.com/forum   

thanks, nice post..  ;)

wyckeddreamz

ok, this worked like a charm with Ajaxchat from BlueImp..... your my friend are AWESOME. see image below.