TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:22:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 160
  • Total: 161
  • tino

"Settings" and "Block Manager" links missing

Started by DDDooGGG, April 16, 2008, 10:19:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DDDooGGG

I have installed TinyPortal v1.0.5 beta over SMF 1.1.4, all seems to run fine. When i go into SMF Admin, i can see the TinyPortal section in the admin menu, except its missing the "Settings" and "Block Manager" links.

What file will i need to check to put these links in?

what is the url i can put in my address bar manually to get to both the settings and block manager?

thanks,

Fult.

Ken.

This issue has been covered several times DDDooGGG, if you do a search you'll find some good answers... you can also find lots of information if you look in our Docs section.

Try this for the url:
?action=tpadmin;sa=blocks
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

DDDooGGG

Hi, i found that the settings and block links are displayed on my frontpage, so i can now get to them. I looked through the FAQs and Support forums here but was unable to find anything to assist me, anywy, its all good now.

Ken.

Try a search for "missing text".

You'll need to have those missing control panel links for a variety of management functions so you should fix them.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

Zetan

DDDooGGG

I saw that and i did have my  Default Forum Language set to English. I looked at Installing UTF-8 Language Packs, but didn't know which one to choose from the download page(http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat693).

I also did the following to no avail:
Admin > Maintenance/Forum Maintenance > Convert HTML-entities to UTF-8 characters

Anyway, i worked out a get around.

thanks for your time;)