TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:49:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 303
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 301
  • Total: 301

Themis 1.1

Started by SimpleMachinist, March 22, 2016, 09:24:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimpleMachinist

Hello Everyone. I am running Themis 1.1 I think it is on an old forum of mine. Is there any way I can download the original theme somewhere as a ZIP file that I used to install this theme from in 2009?

Cheers...

bloc

Themis was the 3 theme I made ever..so its close to 15 years old lol. IMHO you should look for both newer themes and upgrade to SMF 2.0.

I do not have the original anymore I am afraid.

SimpleMachinist

Quote from: bloc on March 22, 2016, 04:28:07 PM
Themis was the 3 theme I made ever..so its close to 15 years old lol. IMHO you should look for both newer themes and upgrade to SMF 2.0.

I do not have the original anymore I am afraid.

Wow, amazing, a reply from the legend, bloc himself. Never expected that. So nice to hear from you!

Well, thank you anyway. It is OK. I don't really need the original ZIP of that theme I guess. The site is still running fine and I really just wanted the original for a backup. But I haven't updated the site to 2.0 because it is not really an important forum anymore. It is not really active and I just leave it there as an archive for all the old posts on the site, which people might want to read. So I think I will just leave it there with your old theme, the 3rd one you ever made. It is very nice and I still enjoy it. Thank you!

lurkalot

Can't remember Themis at all, must have been before my time.  I'm intrigued as to what it looks like now.

SimpleMachinist, got a screetshot or link please?

SimpleMachinist

Quote from: lurkalot on March 22, 2016, 09:23:12 PM
Can't remember Themis at all, must have been before my time.  I'm intrigued as to what it looks like now.

SimpleMachinist, got a screetshot or link please?

It is running here on this forum of mine at www.photographythailand.com/Forum/index.php, but I have made some custom coding changes to it along the way so it doesn't quite look like the original, but it is close.

SimpleMachinist

I have actually been running it on that site since March 2006, so exactly 10 years this month.

lurkalot

Thanks, it's good to see some of bloc's early work. And to see just how much he progressed to todays standards. Boy how things have changed.

I'm guessing you'll be upgrading to a newer version of SMF at some point, and I'm sure you'll be able to find a theme along those lines should you want to stick with it.  It's a clean looking theme.  ;)

lurkalot

Forgot to say, you've been running that a year longer than I've been using Tinyportal. My site has been running since October 20, 2007 and still only has 319 members lol..  :-[

SimpleMachinist

Quote from: lurkalot on March 22, 2016, 09:40:13 PM
Thanks, it's good to see some of bloc's early work. And to see just how much he progressed to todays standards. Boy how things have changed.

I'm guessing you'll be upgrading to a newer version of SMF at some point, and I'm sure you'll be able to find a theme along those lines should you want to stick with it.  It's a clean looking theme.  ;)

Thanks. Yes, I also like the clean look of the bloc theme and why I chose it back then. I probably wont upgrade to 2.0 though as that forum is pretty much just an inactive forum and just archive now of old posts for people searching for information in Google. So my intent is really just to leave it there as is.

At the moment I am more focused on blogging and building other sites in Wordpress.

SimpleMachinist

Quote from: lurkalot on March 22, 2016, 09:43:56 PM
Forgot to say, you've been running that a year longer than I've been using Tinyportal. My site has been running since October 20, 2007 and still only has 319 members lol..  :-[

Don't feel bad. Lots of the site members on my forum are spammer registrations. I have deleted many, but still a lot exist. The forum really hasn't had any regular activity in at least 3-4 years either. I used to drive it a bit and we had a core group of about 30-40 people who would also meet up sometimes, but eventually it just kind of lost its momentum. Most of the registered members were never even active. I think forums these days are very hard to develop in general because of things like Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, etc. In Thailand there is also a large, general English language forum for foreigners, which covers all sorts of topics and has become quite popular as well.