TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:57:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 190
  • Total: 190

TP 1.0.5 to latest version

Started by Smoothbrain, March 03, 2009, 07:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoothbrain

Hello all, when I had previously installed v.1.0.5 I had done a manual install.  I also have several mods piled on top of my site besides TP ( i know, why should I really need anything else, lol)  My package manager will give me several failed errors  when I attempt to upgrade through it. 

So... simply put, do I need to manually uninstall 1.0.5 (and if so how?) and do I then need to manually install 1.0 b3?

Smoothbrain

oh and I have SMF 1.1.8  thanks for your help

G6Cad

No, you dont  have to uninstall TP V1.0.5, upload/overwrite with the new files, change the code inside the SMF files according to the posting guide, and update the database tables from the browser.

How do I manually install TinyPortal

Modification Instructions

Smoothbrain

Thanks heaps G6.  That helps things with my brain getting fried too fast lol.

Smoothbrain

Ok got it all set up and now I can't see my menu box.  It is just an empty box.  In addition, how do I get the skin to show up as the one I have set? (it's a custom skin)

IchBin

You can get all your answers by using the search here. Please describe your problem in detail too. When you say menu is blank, I can only assume that you're talking about the admin menu in the admin panel? You try searching for that? I know that question has been asked and answered 100's of times. Which is the reason there is an FAQ on it. That is IF you are really talking about the admin menu.
Blank Admin Panel or Text missing?

As for using a theme, take a look at your Admin > Themes and Layout page.

Smoothbrain

My apologies for poor posting etiquette.  I was a bit vague but I was also working on various upgrades all day so my mind was a bit fried.

First, the panel I talk about is the menu block panel (ie the site map, nothing to do with the admin).  It is just an empty block on the left hand side.

Second, the skin issue I am referring to is how to get my custom skin to show up on the TP.  I am seeing it on my forums but not on the front page which is TP.  Thanks again. 

Smoothbrain

Ok so the FAQ says this
A couple of things you need to check:.

Did you install TP while on the default theme, with your forum set to the default theme?
Do you see the side panels on the default theme?
If the above suggestions are true and its working, then you are probably using a custom theme that is not converted to work with TP. Remember TP 0.9.x requires a separate theme converted to work with TP. Unless the option for TP to work in both SMF and TP is built into the theme. Find the appropriate download for your version of SMF/TP.

Does this mean I need to put the manual install info into my custom skin?  Will this get it to work?  Because it is not clear from this FAQ if that is what it is telling me.  In other words I think your FAQ is telling me what is wrong but not how to fix it.  Thanks.

If that is the problem and I do need to manually insert the bits into my skin, I will only need to change the index.template, the css and the help.template.php is that correct?

Ken.

Did you install TinyPortal while in the SMF Default theme? All Mods, including TP, must be installed while in the SMF Default theme.

As for your custom theme, most custom themes only need to have a forum button added for them to work with TP.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

Smoothbrain

Quote from: Ken. on March 04, 2009, 01:50:12 AM
Did you install TinyPortal while in the SMF Default theme? All Mods, including TP, must be installed while in the SMF Default theme.

As for your custom theme, most custom themes only need to have a forum button added for them to work with TP.

Well, I manually installed it.  I was not in the default skin.  I just went to the tp_install file online after I followed the other instructions.  I don't have myself set on the default skin however at this time.  The boards default overall skin is set on default at this time.