TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:12:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

Can't Install TP to SMF 1.1.2

Started by Lateksi, March 06, 2007, 08:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G6Cad

the files is called "manual_tp_install_0971.php"   point the browser to it
Point the browser to it, and then follow this step if the forum gives you error or a blank screen.

QuoteIf you STILL get a blank page or errors, you need to edit some files manually to (copy and paste)
Or use the premade files in the sticky post, extract them, upload overwrite when it prompt, and then refresh.

lorenzov

I think I'v got the same problem with 1.1.2.. new install and for this reason

I'm not going to upgrade in the "old forum" ( 1.1.1 TP 0.9.7.)

In 2 different servers ( 1 protected) I've got this :

Fatal error: packageinstall() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/giallowc/domains/izitaly.com/public_html/forum/Packages/temp/./tp_install.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/giallowc/domains/izitaly.com/public_html/forum/Sources/Packages.php on line 552

and are always those after several attempt, still TP look unzipped in the Admin Panell - servers-

I've also tried the manual install following step by stepÃ,  theÃ,  above reportd Url

(by G6)Ã,  and only the errors look differentÃ,  :P

Possibly the 1.1.2 is not really compatible with 0.9.7 1 in most servers

tick

I have tp 9.7.1 installed with smf 1.1.2  a friend of mine installed it for me.  I tried to install it with the same set up on a test forum.  I have the test forum so I can learn on it.  Anyway when I installed it today it was missing the forum button it showed the home button but not the forum button.  the only way to get to the forum way through the front page article.  I have since deleted this forum to start over. I should have let someone look at it but from what I have said does anybody have any ideas what could have caused this.

tick

rebelrose

seems as though it did not install correctly, some of the TP Templates do not appear correct. Of course is didn't install right on the default theme either as it does not show the forum button as you say.

This was a fresh install of SMF and TP to a clean Database?

How did you install SMF and did you get any errors when installing TP?

tick

yes I deleted the other one i previosly mentioned.  started out new with fresh install of smf and tp.   I used the same setup that was used on my live forum.  I am just trying to learn my way around.  there was no errors its said successful install. also when you go into the admin section all of the tp stuff is blank

rebelrose

Do want to seem rude just trying to get it all straight in my head, the folder was completely empty when you installed as was the data base?

And also where did you get the TP to install?

tick

to the best of my knowledge it was empty I used the package installer.  I got the tp from here the one that was upgraded for 1.1.2  and you are not being rude at all.  log in with test   test for password and look around its just the test site

rebelrose

rebelrose

any chance I can get a copy of the index.template.php from your default theme to look at?

Can I uninstall TP and then install it again to see?