TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:52:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 319
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 106
  • Total: 106

MySQL and 'Table error' with manual_tp_install_0971.php

Started by 3nd3r, January 23, 2007, 09:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3nd3r

(Hope more luck posting here and deleting old post...)

I follow the instructions to manually install. When I go to this step:

http://www.pajareo.net/manual_tp_install_0971.php

I get this error page:
    * Upshrink table created
    * Settings table created

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/pajareon/public_html/manual_tp_install_0971.php on line 159

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/pajareon/public_html/manual_tp_install_0971.php on line 159

* Settings table updated
          o Added 74 new setting(s)
    * Blocks table created.
          o some sample values were added to the blocks table
    * Variables table created.
          o some sample values were added to the variables table
    * Articles table created.
          o some sample values were added to the articles table
    * DL manager table created

TinyPortalÃ,´s table structure is now installed/updated.
Thank you for trying out TinyPortal.

If I go to my default page, http://www.pajareo.net/index.php
I get this error:
Table 'pajareon_smf.smf_tp_settings' doesn't exist

And yes, if I look to my smf database, that table doesn't exist... In fact, no new table created.

Maybe a SQL code to insert on my PHPmyAdmin should work?

akulion

3nd3r

akulion

akulion

IF it is smf_

then run this query via PHP myadmin:

CREATE TABLE `smf_tp_settings` (
  `id` mediumint(9) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `name` text NOT NULL,
  `value` text NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
) TYPE=MyISAM ;

3nd3r

Cool!  ;) Table smf_tp_settings created!

Now? Do a manual install? From the begginning to the end?

akulion

yup give it a try and keep us posted

very weird though that u got a sql execution error on the manual db install

3nd3r

Yes... Very very weird thing... I'll try later (I'm at 'work'  >:D ) and will tell you.

It seems that my SQL server it's a little 'possessive'... Ony I can touch it  :idiot2: :2funny: ^-^

akulion

*escapes through the window before any more questions come*

lol

3nd3r

Lot of work... I've tried and after the install successful
    * Upshrink table created
    * Settings table exists
          o Updated version to 097
    * Blocks table created.
          o some sample values were added to the blocks table
    * Variables table created.
          o some sample values were added to the variables table
    * Articles table created.
          o some sample values were added to the articles table
    * DL manager table created

TinyPortalÃ,´s table structure is now installed/updated.
Thank you for trying out TinyPortal.

This is the result when I go to index.php:Warning: main(/home/pajareon/public_html/Sources/QueryString.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pajareon/public_html/index.php on line 49

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/pajareon/public_html/Sources/QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/pajareon/public_html/index.php on line 49

I attach you the index.php file...

Help please!

3nd3r

I CANNOT BACK TO MY ORIGINAL FORUM!!

MY WEB IS UNOPERATIVE!

HELP PLEASE!!  :'( :'(

3nd3r

Uploaded files needed.

This is the actual error:Table 'pajareon_smf.smf_tp_articles' doesn't exist

Can anybody give the SQL code to manually make the tables, please?

akulion

man its not suposed to be this complicated

i dont know what ur doing but either ways this is the query

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `smf_tp_articles` (
  `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `date` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `body` longtext NOT NULL,
  `intro` text NOT NULL,
  `useintro` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '1',
  `category` smallint(6) NOT NULL default '0',
  `frontpage` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '1',
  `subject` text NOT NULL,
  `authorID` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `author` text NOT NULL,
  `frame` tinytext NOT NULL,
  `approved` tinyint default '1' NOT NULL,
  `off` tinyint default '0' NOT NULL,
  `options` text NOT NULL,
  `parse` tinyint default '0' NOT NULL,
  `comments` tinyint default '0' NOT NULL,
  `comments_var` text NOT NULL,
  `views` int NOT NULL,
  `rating` text NOT NULL,
  `voters` text NOT NULL,
  `ID_THEME` smallint(6) default '0' NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=2;

3nd3r

Yes... There's anything wrong in any place... I do look for it

Thank you for your patience and support. (I need a holidays away from work... I know, I know, I KNOW!  :uglystupid2:O0

Is this the last table I need to create?

3nd3r

I think I get the error... There isn't an user created for my SQL database  :buck2:

So, I've created an user with all privileges, updated settings.php... And everything seems to be ok

And I'll try once again...  :buck2:

The only thing is that I've a lot of files in my site... backup files from uncompleted installs of TP...

So, I'm wondering to backup database and clean reinstall SMF + TP + Language files + Alienation Theme...

Hard work... So, what do you think? It's better try to backup and begin cleaned than trying once again installing manually TP?

If you choose the clean reinstall, can you tell me or forward me to a thread that explain this process?

Thank you again for your time, and I apologize for all inconveniences  :P

akulion

u dont have a user created for ur database?

Then how did u install SMF :P

you dont need to create any users to instal TP

If you smf is working, then it is simply a matter of uploading TP via package manager on a fresh SMF forum and install it via package manager

I would recommend if your database isnt too huge then u simply do a reinstall of SMF and start afresh

but if your database is huge then you can try salvaging it from the backup you may have available

3nd3r

Quote from: Aku on February 02, 2007, 11:48:59 AM
u dont have a user created for ur database?

Then how did u install SMF :P
Don't know... I did with cpanel password and it works...

Quote from: Aku on February 02, 2007, 11:48:59 AMIf you smf is working, then it is simply a matter of uploading TP via package manager on a fresh SMF forum and install it via package manager
Ok. I'll try again an automatic update...

Quote from: Aku on February 02, 2007, 11:48:59 AMI would recommend if your database isnt too huge then u simply do a reinstall of SMF and start afresh

but if your database is huge then you can try salvaging it from the backup you may have available
So, this is like a manual install, isn't it? So, if I simply delete all and upload SMF files ... It should work?

akulion

Restoring the database you have to do that via PHPMYadmin by importing an existing SLQ file

As for site restoration that just requires files and for the paths to be fixed using repair.settings.php

I would help u out with this but Ive got food poisioning today so I am feeling pretty darn horrible right now - but once Im a bit better probably by tomorrow or day after i could have a look

just make sure u keep ur db backup in a safe place

3nd3r

Ok man.

Restore yourself :up:, remember do a 'backup' of your stomach, even if you have to do 'manually' :-X, and make a 'clean' reinstall of your 'hardware'  ;)

I will post my experience with all that stuff

Get better!  :up:

3nd3r

So, first I've tried again to do an automatic install of TP, and this is the result:# Upshrink table created
# Settings table exists

* Updated version to 097

# Blocks table created.

* some sample values were added to the blocks table

# Variables table created.

* some sample values were added to the variables table

# Articles table exists
articles4 could not be updated
No more was shown... So I go to my index page, expecting for an error... and surprise... forum is accesible, but no TP mod are installed... So I go to my PHPmyAdmin to see tables and only the two tables I've created manually are there: smf_tp_articles and smf_tp_settings...

Then, I went back to spanish language, remove maintenance mode, and get up alienation theme... All seems to be all right without going back to old files (those ending with a ~)... I see in Package Manager that there isn't any mod installed... So TP is no installed... but forum works with TP files...  :buck2: I'm getting crazy :uglystupid2:

I think I'll do a fresh install and let the things perfectly clean.

So, if you don't mind, when you get better, please, get a big breath, be patience with me, and please tell me step by step what should I do to make a TP portal with alienation theme and spanish language, with the database I'll save by making a backup with the smf admin tool, when you tell me you're ready.

I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance

akulion

sure if im not online drop me a line on yaho messenger since thats usually always on

ak44ak@yahoo.com if u use messenger just add me to it and if im there its easier to communicate and i could help u out :up:

3nd3r

I didn't forget your help. I have so much work this days, and when I come back home, I'm tired about computers... :buck2:

So, when I'll have less work and enough brain to do the fix my site need, I will contact you.

:buck2: :buck2:

3nd3r

Sigh...

Now that I've got time to make all that stuff... My site has been disappeared... 'cause I'm not the registrant of the domain (I bought the domain and site to a reseller), I can't do anything...

Don't trust on SuperXtremeServers...  :tickedoff: They've gone with my site away... Sigh...  :'( And they disappeared... Now there's another firm... bah :knuppel2:

But...

I've got a (just on 2nd february) complete backup of db, so I can build another site from zero, run repair_settings and... all done?

Sorry for disturbing you with this annoying... Seems that I've got a bad luck season... :buck2:

akulion

awww well sorry to hear about your loss.
It can be a real pain when stuff like this happens. So always stick with mother companies and not resellers.

Also its a good idea to register your own domain through a registrar rather than a host. That way you are in control of the DNS and its passwords and settings.

I would suggest since you plan on starting from scratch.
1. Pick a good host
2. Install SMF and then TP via the package manager
and take it from there.

If you intend to do a backup of your DB, please make sure the SMF and TP versions are the same as the one which you took the database backup from.

If your site was very new with only a few members, it may be a good idea just to start from scratch altogether :up:

3nd3r

Thanks for your support.

Yes I will be the real owner of my domain. Never again resellers.

I've got a complete backup (files in \html\ and DB). So, to clearly close this thread, the steps I should do would be:

1) Copy all the files and folders to new site. Import DB from PHPmyAdmin. Run repair_settings.php. Update to SMF 1.1.2...

Or 2) Install SMF 1.1.1. and TP. Import DB. Run repair_settings.php. Update to 1.1.2. Select those files that site really need and upload them

What option I should choose to better recover database content (articles, users, etc...)?

Thanks for your time

IchBin

3nd3r

:) ;) :D ::) :P >:D ^-^ :laugh: O0 :2funny: :buck2: :coolsmiley: :idiot2: :laugh: :uglystupid2: :up:
YIHAAAAAA!!!! IT WORKS!! IT WORKS!!! INCREDIBLE!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

THANKS YOU ALL!! I FEEL I WON LOTTERY!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

:up: :uglystupid2: :laugh: :idiot2: :coolsmiley: :buck2: :2funny: O0 :laugh: ^-^ >:D :P ::) 8) :o ;D :D ;) :)

akulion