TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:29:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 112
  • Total: 112

SMF 1.1.1 TP 0.97.1 HELP

Started by KeNyZ, January 20, 2007, 11:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeNyZ

Hi.. im from spain so im so bad writting english..

My problem:

Where i have to upload the TP 0.97.1 files? (i want to do it like a mod) i have uploaded it to my FTP root.. but how can i install de mod from SMF admin panel? maybe i have to upload the files into  some smf carpet.. i dont know.. please explain me that..
if someone speaks spanish, please write it in spanish.. if u dont speak spanish, i dont care, i think i'll understand it.

thank u very much! :2funny:

G6Cad

Admin/Packages/Download Packages/

Browse to the ZIP file on your LOCAL machine (your own PC) and click upload

Then install modification, IF you have any error lines here DO NOT CLICK INSTALL.

If you have all files good to go, click install and refresh your forum.

Make sure all of this is done with the forum set to use SMF DEFAULT THEME, not any other theme you have installed by your self as they will not work after you installed TP and it will give a lot of problems with the rest of the forum.

KeNyZ

ok, thank u very much!!! i will try it now.. and then i will say the result..
so, i dont have to upload the files.. only de zip

KeNyZ

it doesnt work.. do u know why? maybe because i have added two bottons, one for tracker, and one to the portal?

look the error

http://img11.imagepile.net/view.php?file=9946dibujo.gif

the error is in my index.template.php

G6Cad

You are right, probably caused by extra buttons added.

But if you backup the index.template.php from the default theme and save it on your local PC, then proceed with the install even if you have an error from that file.

Then you can download the premade manual zip file from the install board sticky post, and extract the zip, take the index.template.php from that file and replace with the broken one.
Refresh and TP are there.

Then open your saved index.template.php (backup you made) and take the buttons code out from it and place it in the new file you just uploaded, then you will have the bittons in the new file, and TP installed :)

KeNyZ

it works well i think so.. but i have a problem.. look www.revenx.net it goes to my mkportal.. and i dont know how to make a new index.php .. :(
another thing.. how can i make news in the tp?

G6Cad

Where do you have the install of SMF and TP ?

casp3r

Sorry to butt in but just wanted to say thanks G6. I had the same problem and your instructions were spot on.

G6Cad

Thank you :)  Glad you can use your setup now  :up: