TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 05:05:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,158
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 90
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 90
  • Total: 91
  • @rjen

AdSense (or other) revenue sharing

Started by QueenTiye, April 15, 2007, 10:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueenTiye

I posted this on Simple Machines, but thought I'd post here as well, since there may be a slightly different perspective for TP users.

I want to add AdSense or similar programs to my site... and I want to have some users able to use the revenue sharing feature.  Only - I want just SOME users to have revenue sharing - not all - and I want them to be a distinct member group by permission - not generic.

SO my questions are these:  1. What other revenue sharing programs are out there? 2. Anyone using any of these programs currently? How do you like them? 3. Anyone using the revenue sharing features on SMF and if so - how do you choose which users get to share revenues and which do not? 4. How broad are your sharing options? What if I wanted special contributors to get 75 percent and all other users 25 percent?

QT

Zetan

I think this kind of question would be better answered over at The Admin Zone.
Simply because they deal with these questions regularly.

QueenTiye

Oh - thanks! However - there is no there there... The AdminZone seems to consist of a flat html page with nothing else but a banner...:(

QT

IchBin

I fixed his link queentiye. Try it again.

QueenTiye

Zetan

Whoops, sorry about that. Thanks IchBin.
It really is a good resource for administrators, I've had some good advice there.  :up:

QueenTiye

OK - the AdminZone has NO one who knows anything at all.  Simplemachineforums has a guy who created a mod, but he doesn't think it works with TinyPortal.  SO - does AdSense work directly with Tiny Portal? 

QT

Lesmond

You can paste the code you get from adsense into a script block, works fine, I have it working on my site ;)

QueenTiye

Cool! Thanks!  OK, new question (and by the way - great pic of 7 of 9!).  Here is a site for the Revenue Share: http://code.google.com/apis/adsense/index.html - but it looks like it is some other kind of code?  I don't have the technical knowledge to understand what they are saying - but quick and dirty - anyone using this now? Anyone know if this code works with SMF/TP too? I ask because the mod being recommended at simplemachinesforum is specifically a revenue sharing mod for SMF - and this site seems to talk about development work...

QT

Zetan

Quote from: QueenTiye on April 22, 2007, 12:03:29 AM
OK - the AdminZone has NO one who knows anything at all. 

That surprises me!