TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:39:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 337
  • Total: 337

Shoutbox Autorefresh

Started by MKJ, February 24, 2006, 03:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoarinRow

So far it's good.  Not sure if it uses ajax?   Just like our TP shoutbox our was never open to guest or ungrouped members   :up:

Here's a screenshot of the ShoutMix box.

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0

brianjw

I think I may use the shoutmix one but there is a cpl of things I would like to ask first.

• Is there a way I can make this shoutbox or another autorefreshing shoutbox use the same smilies as I have in my simple machines/ with the same codes?
  • Is there some code I can edit or add to some file to make the Tinyportal shoutbox autorefresh.

Also... In another tinyportal version, the original shoutbox can remain normal without autorefresh. But you can create a block that is called Chat that you can easily make by checking in the radio button when creating a new bloc. :D It could look the same as the shoutbox now but can autorefresh without annoyance and without refreshing the entire page ;)

Brianjw

RoarinRow

Quote from: brianjw on February 25, 2007, 10:28:50 PM
I think I may use the shoutmix one but there is a cpl of things I would like to ask first.

• Is there a way I can make this shoutbox or another autorefreshing shoutbox use the same smilies as I have in my simple machines/ with the same codes?
  • Is there some code I can edit or add to some file to make the Tinyportal shoutbox autorefresh.

Also... In another tinyportal version, the original shoutbox can remain normal without autorefresh. But you can create a block that is called Chat that you can easily make by checking in the radio button when creating a new bloc. :D It could look the same as the shoutbox now but can autorefresh without annoyance and without refreshing the entire page ;)

Brianjw
Hey Brian,

To answer you questions:

- yes you could use some of the same smileys from your forum.  you have to add them through the shoutmix control panel and it will show up in your new shoutbox.  you can use the same or similar code, but it does work like the forum.  In the forum you do something like this :smileycat:  but with shoutmix you just type in 'smileycat' or whatever code name you gave it.
- not sure about the TP questions.  i'll leave that to the TP staff

I have been using it for the last 24 hours and love it!  it autofreshes without having to refresh the entire page.  I upgraded to the premium version so i wouldn't have advertisements and would have more flexibility in configuration, storage, etc.

I sent an email to the developer asking if he could integrate our SMF member database with this shoutmix box so people wouldn't have to input their username.  I also asked if there was a way to add sound so you know when someone left a shout.

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0

Crip

Is Shoutmix remotely hosted??..if so, you cannot change smilies, but if it's a php script you can change
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

brianjw

Hopefully they integrate it for smf or maybe someone can help me with modifying the existing shoutbox ;)

Crip

I doubt it with TP, smf has a Shoutbox wit auto-refresh
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

brianjw

Quote from: Ï‚Ã'ÏŠÏ on February 25, 2007, 10:53:47 PM
Is it able to display in a tinyportal block and if your talking about nneonneos shoutbox, that one didn't work out :-\

RoarinRow

Quote from: Ï‚Ã'ÏŠÏ on February 25, 2007, 10:44:05 PM
Is Shoutmix remotely hosted??..if so, you cannot change smilies, but if it's a php script you can change

It is remotely hosted and you can disable the default smileys that it comes with and add your own custom smileys.  In the first attachment that last 6 smileys are ones I added.  The ones above that are the default ones.

Another cool feature is that you can undock the shoutbox as in the second attachment.

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0

RoarinRow

Quote from: brianjw on February 25, 2007, 10:54:39 PM
Is it able to display in a tinyportal block and if your talking about nneonneos shoutbox, that one didn't work out :-\

that didn't work for me either   :o

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0

brianjw

Quote from: RoarinRow on February 25, 2007, 11:01:46 PM
Quote from: brianjw on February 25, 2007, 10:54:39 PM

that didn't work for me either   :o
I dont see the AVS Messenger on your site :o how come?