TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:21:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 77
  • Total: 77

Shoutbox Guest Issues

Started by Duskmoon, January 29, 2015, 11:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

I'll see how it is easiest done..but I really think guests should not make shouts, same way they should not write articles or even post in forums. I mean..does anyone dare letting guests write topics? Unless they don't mind sitting and moderating all day long :P

And besides..what good is a community when you cannot reach its contributors again..guests cannot be tracked or notified or even be-friended. :P

But this is my opinion of course..whats everyone's stand on this?

ZarPrime

I agree with you Bloc. I split the other issue posts to a new topic.

bloc

Great :)

I got a new version for you guys to test out. This file have been changed more elaborate so guest posts should not display multiple times. Not sure if it works though lol, since I only got time to look at it now, and its soon bedtime for me(busy day)

Ken.

That worked!  O0

It appears to be working correctly and is not throwing any errors to the error log.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

lurkalot

Quote from: bloc on February 05, 2015, 09:43:07 PM
Great :)

I got a new version for you guys to test out. This file have been changed more elaborate so guest posts should not display multiple times. Not sure if it works though lol, since I only got time to look at it now, and its soon bedtime for me(busy day)

bloc, thanks.  Seems to work fine. All existing shouts are there too.  Did you get rid of the avatars though? they seem to have disappeared.

lurkalot

Quote from: lurkalot on February 05, 2015, 10:32:46 PM

Did you get rid of the avatars though? they seem to have disappeared.

:-[ Please ignore that last report, I had it on the alternative layout.

bloc

Hehe :) The avvy's should be there still. Great that it works, we can rule out this error then.

Now, I also changed the ability for guests to actually post, even if they are permitted :P but I did it in the template, meaning its easier to "change" back for those that want it.So if someone DOES want guest to shout, they can by changing the TPshout.template. Since the code now also show guest shouts correctly its having your cake and eat it too lol.

Incidentally it also means that shouts made by members that have deleted themselves after the shout was made, will show up correctly - but without being link to their profile(which doesn't exist of course). I don't think this particular issue was ever adressed.

Added the modified TPshout.template too. (Note that by uploading it, you should save the old one(rename for example) to make it possible to do guest shouting further.)