TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 08:29:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,165
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 122
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 127
  • Total: 127

Newbee- Need help with manual installation PLEASE!

Started by edsistrunk, April 15, 2007, 08:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryk

Not sure if this will help, but.....there should be no reason to be guessing what manual_?????? file name to use.
Use the file manager in Plesk or use your ftp program and determine once and for all what the name of the file is.

Once you have done that, I believe you might want to try to type a path with /httpdocs/.

If your smf forum opens with www.hottopicsforum.com then, are you not already below the httpdocs level?

Add /manual_whatever you determined.php  to your path and you may find that is works.

YMMV.

terry

terryk

Meant to say without htttpdocs in the path

sorry

edsistrunk

All right that worked.

* Upshrink table exists
    * Settings table exists
          o Updated version to 098
    * Blocks table exists
          o Changed pos in blocks table
          o Changed pos in blocks table
    * Variables table exists
          o Changed value5 in variables table
    * Articles table exists
          o Updated body in articles table
    * DL manager table exists
    * Shoutbox table exists

TinyPortalÃ,´s table structure is now installed/updated.
Thank you for trying out TinyPortal.

Now what do I do? I went and deleted the manual_tp_install.php and it gave me the same blank page as before

terryk

We are at the limit of my ability to provide information. TP has always loaded perfectly for me through the SMF package manager.

If I were in your position, I would try to maximize the help you can receive through this forum. I would delete everything related to SMF and TP off your host - everything -.

Start from the beginning:

Install SMF - Zero mods - default theme.

Insure that you know where the SMF forum installation is located. Do you it via .......something.com or ....something.com/forum.

Use the package manager to install something....say SMF Gallery Lite. How does that go? That will be important info. Even if it went fine, uninstall it and return SMF to non-mod status.

If TP is on your desktop...nuke it and download again.
Attempt install via SMF package manager and if something goes wrong.....report in detail here.

terry

edsistrunk

Terry and Tick---Thanks so much for your help. I have already started over three times. If anyone else has any others ideals. Please post them. I got to the last step. I entered

http://hottopicsforum.com/manual_tp_install.php and the Tiny portal welcome message came up. Any suggestions about how to proceed.

If not I will start over again. --Thanks Ed

tick

Just trying to figure out what going on.  What happened when  you tried using the package manager.  also is this a fresh install of smf.  and are you using the default theme when you install

edsistrunk

Tick,

Yes this is a brand new fresh install of both SMF and TP. When I tried the package manager I got:
Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.
Also :

8.     Execute Modification     tinyportal09x-11x.mod     Modification parse error

Yes I am using the default theme.

Ed

tick

Try deleting the package that you had previously downloaded and try this one.  The files you downloaded before could have gotten corrupted somehow.  This is kind of a shot in the dark but it happened to me one time.   http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item745

edsistrunk

Tick,

Do I need to download this file: TinyPortal 0.9.8 database install

Or is it in the manual 098 install
ED

tick

Neither one click on the link I gave you above it will take you right to the one you need.  I suspect that you may have tried to install the wrong one via package manager.