TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:52:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 228
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 237
  • Total: 237

An install issue

Started by domineaux, February 10, 2007, 03:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

domineaux

Here I go...

Sorry I've messed around a bit on the boards and felt like the answer might be out there, but somehow I've missed it.

I lost my TPortal when SMF went to 1.1  and then did the 1.1.1 thing. Evidently, I got in just after SMF released the 1.1.1 version and didn't know there was incompatibility with the TP and Block themes.  It resulted in complete loss of the site, but my data was still intact.

I did get great advice on these boards and was able to get the boards alone back up.  My TPortal data is still intact in MySql.

My downloads and articles are not available to users.  I have been holding off waiting on the .98 version, but I'm getting alot of heat from users about not being able to download files.  

Also, I've just been dropping by occassionally on this boards to check if the 98 is out.  I did read that the 98 would be a complete easy install for my current situation, which is:

I have a full working forums SMF default theme working now, and MySql has all the data from my TPortal files.

----

I could use some pointers on >  installing the helios-multi theme for the SMF and the helios-multi for the TPortal.  I do know to take everything into default for the the SMF.  I couldn't find a helios-multi 1.1.1 so I'm thinking mayne the 1.1 will work.

I've been reluctant about this, because I don't want to lose my site again.  Last time it took a good part of a day to work through issues for just getting the forums back up again.

I'd appreciate any pointers, links or a 1-2-3 on how to do it.

Thanks