TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:07:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 264
  • Total: 265
  • lurkalot

Windows 10 GodMode

Started by lurkalot, August 21, 2020, 11:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

Fed up with searching around all the various settings pages to find a specific setting in Windows 10.  Well thankfully there's a way to see all your settings in one place.   GodMode.

It's been around, I believe since Windows 7, and is still there on Windows 10.  So how do I activate it.

Right click your desktop, and click new folder from the menu.

Rename that new folder by copying and pasting the line below, exactly as is, complete with GodMode, the period and the brackets.

GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

The folder icon will change to a control panel icon. Double-click on that new icon to see all your settings and controls in one place, and all organised under their various headings.

Ken.

" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

lurkalot

Quote from: Ken. on August 22, 2020, 05:53:47 PM
Good one Mick!  O0

Ken, it's pretty handy, but be careful there's settings I didn't even know existed. lol..  I only touch the ones I know about. I find it's best viewed in list view, makes it easier to find stuff.  The "Manage web Credentials" is extremely useful it's got me out of a muddle a few times where I've forgotten site login details.

Rock Lee

Although I do not know what effect it has, I still remember the win2000 part (something similar to god mode) for the 56k connection issue, it did not connect me :idiot2:.