TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:09:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 116
  • Total: 116

Undefined index: mystart ??? on my forum after installing TinyPortal

Started by verbam, February 19, 2005, 08:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

verbam

Hello, first off all GREAT WORK this portal!

I hope you can help me with this problem:
Installation:
Forum VerBam | Powered by SMF 1.0.2.
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
TinyPortal v.0.4 beta by Bloc

Problem in:
Maintenance Controls
Forum Maintenance
View Forum Error Log -->

8: Undefined index: mystart
File: c:\_verbamsrv\verbam\smf\Themes\default\TPortalBlocks.template.php (eval?)
Line: 15

Can somebody help me out off this?
Before TinyPortal, i have checked and found NO problems

Thanks
Danny V

IchBin

I have the same error. I'm sure Bloc will check it out when he gets a chance. I have feeling he'll be updating the portal soon anyway.

verbam

Thanks !
The only thing is that this gives me too much errors in my database and it is now difficult to see if there is something else who go wrong.

I will wait and in mean time try to disable the error logging

Danny V

verbam

Found the problem:
In the file : TPortal.template.php
on line 13 add next:ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, $context['TPortal']['mystart']=0;
This will remove the error from our forum, untill Bloc find another solution.
The rest off my forum + portal seems to be ok now.

So the first 20 lines off the sourcecode will be as follows:

<?php
// TPortal template - for frontpage.

function template_main()
{
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  global $context, $settings, $options, $txt, $scripturl, $modSettings;

ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, if($context['TPortal']['front_type']!='singlepage' && $context['TPortal']['boardnews']!=''){
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  // find number of pages
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  $pages=ceil(sizeof($context['TPortal']['boardnews'])/$context['TPortal']['frontpage_limit']);
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  $cou=0;
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  $scou=0;
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  $context['TPortal']['mystart']=0;
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  foreach($context['TPortal']['boardnews'] as $news){
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  if($cou<$context['TPortal']['frontpage_limit']){
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  if($scou>$context['TPortal']['mystart'] || $scou==$context['TPortal']['mystart']){
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, $cou++;
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, $show=true;
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  }
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  else

CU Arround

Bjørn

Yes, thats how to get rid of the errors. Declare the variable.Thank you. :)

verbam

I hope i did it well.

next error that i have found ....

If you do NOT login & go to a topic with attachment TRUE the TPortal (who shows the articles for guest) then the login screen appears.... -->OK

THE ERROR:
now i login ..... --> and get again the login screen ... --> login again... --> go to the topic & try to download attachment ... --> GET again the login screen

TEMPO SOLUTION
do not allow guest to see topics in the TPortal
then you have to login BEFORE you can see the topic with attachment

CU (will try to find this error)

verbam

maybe you get angry with me, but i am testing your Portal today and found next:

Colored text in an article say's : "New features are as follows:" instead: "New features are as follows:"

verbam

meaning in the portal =
[color=Orange]New features are as follows:

instead:
New features are as follows:"

Bjørn

Quote from: verbam on February 19, 2005, 11:06:09 PM
I hope i did it well.

next error that i have found ....

If you do NOT login & go to a topic with attachment TRUE the TPortal (who shows the articles for guest) then the login screen appears.... -->OK

THE ERROR:
now i login ..... --> and get again the login screen ... --> login again... --> go to the topic & try to download attachment ... --> GET again the login screen

TEMPO SOLUTION
do not allow guest to see topics in the TPortal
then you have to login BEFORE you can see the topic with attachment

CU (will try to find this error)

This error is caused by the way SSI.php works, which is part of the forum. If there is a mix of topics that both have attachments and not attachments, there is no way(without adding a rather complex sql query) to know what topics are which. And its logical too..the attachment is closed for guests - you need to login to see it. 

Bjørn

Quote from: verbam on February 19, 2005, 11:25:25 PM
meaning in the portal =
[color=Orange]New features are as follows:

instead:
New features are as follows:"
Not sure what you mean here.