TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:53:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 65
  • Total: 65

issue

Started by agent47, December 28, 2010, 10:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agent47

Hey guys kinda going through something really weird. As you guys know I moved to a new hosting and ever since I restored the site back and used   function on php or html blocks, it keeps displaying a question mark (?) instead of actually leaving space like it should.  I noticed even this site (Tinyportal) had this issue a couple of days back right next to the search button and now I see someone has managed to fix the issue.
So I thought maybe you guys would like to share the solution ? :)

IchBin

I simply removed the space. It wasn't the html entitie   though, it was just an white space character from Crips theme. I'm not sure I understand how you are getting that. It's my understanding that usually this is when a utf8 character is trying to be displayed on a non-utf8 page. Are you getting this by simply adding a space?

agent47

The   is auto-generated to this question mark symbol. Very weird.
Here's the html side of it:

IchBin

Is it auto generated when you enter certain text or anything? I can't get it to do it here.  What language are you using? English or English-utf8 ?

Are you copy/pasting code when it does this?

agent47

I'm using English-utf8
That question symbol is generated when the   function is typed into the TP block.
And no I'm not copy pasting the code, exactly how it looks is how it is. Once I type in   , save the block and open it again, it turn into this symbol. :s

IchBin

Looks like a utf8 issue. To work around the issue just type the   right into the editor instead of the HTML view.

agent47

Quote from: IchBin on December 29, 2010, 12:01:15 AM
Looks like a utf8 issue. To work around the issue just type the   right into the editor instead of the HTML view.
That didn't work either mate. Still kept showing the symbol. Anyways I found a temp. fix, I simply changed it's color to the sites' background to blend or camouflage along with it.

Sort of experiencing another issue, felt odd opening up a new topic for it.
The html tags seem to be displaying on the downloads page which makes the download unappealing. Wondering if this is just me or......?
Here's what I mean:

Is it because it's displaying only a "part" of the complete description and that's what is causing this? If so; can I increase the amount of characters to preview ?

ZarPrime

agent47,

I'm guessing that this last issue you mention has been fixed for the next version of TinyPortal.  See this link --> http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?issue=45.0

ZarPrime

IchBin

Sources/TPortalAdmin.php

Find this line:(about line #337)
global $context,$txt,$settings,$boardurl,$scripturl,$boarddir,$user_info,$db_prefix;

Change to:
global $context,$txt,$settings,$boardurl,$scripturl,$boarddir,$user_info,$db_prefix, $modSettings;

Find this line:(about line #469)
$context['TPortal']['blockedit']['body'] = html_entity_decode($row['body'], ENT_NOQUOTES);

Change to:
$context['TPortal']['blockedit']['body'] = html_entity_decode($row['body'], ENT_NOQUOTES, $modSettings['global_character_set']);

That should fix the weird character issue.

As for the downloads, yes that issue is fixed in the next release.

agent47

@IchBin: that didn't fix it either mate. But it's all cool man. My temp. solution seems ok. Thank for trying buddy. :)
So by next release, you guys mean Tiny Portal for SMF RC4 right?