TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:53:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 83
  • Total: 84
  • illori

"Reply with Quote" function; Simplicity Theme

Started by culpeper, June 22, 2005, 07:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

culpeper

Is there a mod that would change the quote command to italic when using the "Reply with Quote" function when responding to a post.  I have disabled the BBC "quote" (using Admin/Edit Features and Options/Disable BBC Code) and when using the "Reply with Quote" it will post the quote in regular font.  Instead, I would like it to post the quote in italic font.

In other words, I have disabled the quote function but the "reply with quote" still works by posting the quote in regular font.  I don't mind this but would prefer the quote in italics to separate it from the rest of the post that the poster will be typing.

Bjørn

Probably you would be better off turning the bbc code back on, and then adjust the class .quote and .quoteheader(i think) in style.css. Just remove background-color, borders etc. leaving only font-style: italic;.

culpeper

culpeper

That works by making the changes to the different color *.css file.  After making the change I decided I like the original format better.   :D

Bjørn

..of course, I forgot. Blue.css, red.css etc. ;)

culpeper

Can the "reply with quote" function  below a post be replaced with "reply" function  instead?

Bjørn

Yes, but you need to change quite a few code bits in the template.

culpeper

I wouldn't want to go beyond a small line change or two in order to make a change.  It's not that important or imperative. ;D  Thanks for the response and information.

culpeper

Well, let me ask something.  If the BBC quote function was disabled is there a simple code change to add italics when only using the "reply with quote" function?  With the BBC quote function disabled and using the "reply with quote" function the post before actually posting will look something like this:

[quote author=syd joseph link=topic=101.msg753#msg753 date=1120410249]
Kind of has a nice ring to it.  I think I'll start a band.[/quote]

and will looks this after posting:

Kind of has a nice ring to it.  I think I'll start a band

changed to something like this:

[i][quote author=syd joseph link=topic=101.msg753#msg753 date=1120410249]
Kind of has a nice ring to it.  I think I'll start a band.[/quote[/i]

and will look like this after posting:

Kind of has a nice ring to it.  I think I'll start a band.
I guess what I am trying to describe is adding the italic command to the "reply with quote" function.

culpeper

Ah, I found the line in post.php

$form_message = '[quote author=' . $mname . ' link=topic=' . $topic . '.msg' . (int) $_REQUEST['quote'] . '#msg' . (int) $_REQUEST['quote'] . ' date=' . $mdate . ']' . "\n" . $form_message . "\n" . '[/quote]';

But now I need to know how to put a couple of line breaks after the /quote command.