TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:02:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 310
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 306
  • Total: 307
  • lurkalot

Thanks and question with strange appearance

Started by sangham.net, February 22, 2013, 10:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sangham.net

Thanks for your patient IchBin!
The pyramid effect is within every category (except one), the contetnt of other block phenomena is in two categories present.

I will look at the settings of this one category which seems to produce no problems (generally it the one with has limited access) and comparing it to the other, maybe I find the problem.
I will prove it first, and tell it further.
Truly! So strive to be one of them. Or like to get a random Sutta?

If you like to get involved in helping developing an "Virtual monastery" to make the internet a little more accessible for Monks, Nuns and Ascetics, please feel heartily invited to join our bilingual community at sangham.net

sangham.net

I looked further, actually there are two categories which seem to have no problem and both of them have disabled guests and unregistered user to access the content.
But... i have put them (as a prove) on enabled like the others and they seem to work proper as well. So it does not seems to be a category - depending problem (or group permission problem).

If you like to get involved in helping developing an "Virtual monastery" to make the internet a little more accessible for Monks, Nuns and Ascetics, please feel heartily invited to join our bilingual community at sangham.net

sangham.net

Sorry for disturbing one more time. I just wanted to ask if somebody would have an additional idea, where I could find the problem and solve it.

_()_
Thank you very much in advanced!

IchBin

Until someone can see the cause, I can't give you any fix. I can't replicate the same issue on my test site....

sangham.net

Thanks for you care. Do you have any idea how or who could see that?

sangham.net

Sorry for requesting once more.

Do you know any possibility how to fix that. If it is a matter of service in return, please let me know. I could try to request support for such.

_()_

IchBin

If you want you can create a temporary admin account on your site that I can login to take a look?

sangham.net

Thank you very much for your offer. Off course I would like to do that. I guess its good if I send you a PM in this regard.

_()_

sangham.net

Dear  IchBin™,

thanks all the hints you gave me, I have tried and discovered a little and searched for some reactions.

The display "problem" of blank.gif I simply cleared by using another blank.gif as the default. I was a little to scared to go into a working system and php stuff.

It seems that if there is a html code used which uses the "align" within the first 200 signs that code is used also for the general display of the shortcuts of the downloads in the list. If there is just used <p></p> everything is fine.
The pyramid layout comes from adding "align=center" (or left, right...) next, and next.

This problems do not arise if the editor BBC is enabled, but the display does not produce any html out of the BBC design but shows the text simply like it is.

The general funktion of the 3 various possibilities of editor "No" "BBC" "html" is not clear for me. Some seems to be used as producing tool, but some have sudden impact of the display as well.

IchBin

The real answer to the problem here is to put a box for a short description which does not allow bbc or html. If the short description is not filled out, then show no description for the download item on the category page. But, unfortunately that would have to be for another version of TP.