TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:24:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 310
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 301
  • Total: 301

Articles List

Started by peterstannard, February 22, 2005, 06:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterstannard

I have noticed that the "articles" listed on the portal are always ordered alphabetically, is there any way to change this?

NightOwl

Quote from: peterstannard on February 22, 2005, 06:46:01 PM
I have noticed that the "articles" listed on the portal are always ordered alphabetically, is there any way to change this?

Workaround is to add a number in front of the Articles so it goes sorted by your sequence. Like:

1.Article A
2.Aritcle B

Bloc can answer your question betterÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  :D

Bjørn

Yes, I will change that to be sorted after date - most recent at top. I am not sure why I sorted it alpabethically in the first place...  ::)

In the meantime you could use numbers as NightOwl suggests - if you want...

NightOwl

Personally, I would like it remain intact without sorting(by date). a re-arranging feature with up/down like block admin will fits every aspect of user.

In my case, I am using articles as information page for users.

Bjørn

Yes, i have been thinking about just adopting it. One problem is that boardnews are sorted on date, which makes sense(latest topics first..) and merging of articles and these boardnews is then sorted on date.

I might change this, but not in next beta though.

What will be in, is a list for single pages, coming under the categories - for special articles like some important information for users etc.

domp

" Always on top" would be another great option.

I use one article as an introduction for the site, now i have to change the date to keep it on top :)

NightOwl

If you are using the date ahead trick, I think make it 2006 will give you a year trouble free at least :D

Bjørn

Quote from: domp on March 19, 2005, 01:27:21 AM
" Always on top" would be another great option.

I use one article as an introduction for the site, now i have to change the date to keep it on top :)

Set it as "featured" and it will stay at the top, at least when in articles +forum and articles only modus. When in single page modus it IS the the single page.