TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:28:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 190
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 184
  • Total: 184

Recent Topics block

Started by jarska, March 24, 2011, 07:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarska

Hi,

when members write many posts in to the same topic and I klick some thus recent topics block...

then its always go to the latest new post instead latest NOT readed post.

You must do some scrolling and maybe even back to the earlier page to find latest not readed post.

Is it possible to change that?

I have SMF 2.0RC5 and newest Tiny portal version.

Hope you understand, my english is not so good. :-[

WillyP

As I understand you, you want the link to go to the first unread post, not the most recent.

I think that is an excellent idea. It makes sense.

jarska

Quote from: WillyP on March 24, 2011, 11:03:11 PM
As I understand you, you want the link to go to the first unread post, not the most recent.

Precisely, I would like it that way. :)

jarska

Can someone tell me is that too difficult to do or...?

We have topics, where members could write many answers in one day and it would be very useful to go first unread post, instead latest post and scroll up remembering what I was reading  into last time. :-[ ::)

lurkalot

As far as I can tell, that is already working like this for me.   I'll test some more to make sure. ;)

jarska

Quote from: lurkalot on January 18, 2012, 09:34:17 AM

As far as I can tell, that is already working like this for me.   I'll test some more to make sure. ;)

Oh, what I`m missing there, its not working for me, never in my tiny portal history. :-[

lurkalot

Quote from: jarska on January 18, 2012, 09:40:39 AM]

Oh, what I`m missing there, its not working for me, never in my tiny portal history. :-[

I've run out of new posts to test with, but I'm sure when I checked a couple of my topics, it took me to the last post I'd not read in that topic, I then continued to read the rest.  I'll have to wait for more posts before I can be sure.

@ jarska  What browser are you using?  I was testing with IE9, and wondering if this might be the key.

jarska

Quote from: lurkalot on January 18, 2012, 10:00:15 AM
Quote from: jarska on January 18, 2012, 09:40:39 AM]

I've run out of new posts to test with, but I'm sure when I checked a couple of my topics, it took me to the last post I'd not read in that topic, I then continued to read the rest.  I'll have to wait for more posts before I can be sure.

@ jarska  What browser are you using?  I was testing with IE9, and wondering if this might be the key.

I use Safari 5.1.2 but tested also Chrome, Firefox, Opera...hmm, whats wrong in my recent topics block.

By the way, where is my TP support logo, put some money there today. ::) :)

Edit: I notice same thing happens here in Tp forum when I click that recent block. :D

ZarPrime

jarska,

What you describe is an issue that is currently scheduled to be looked at and worked on for a future version of TinyPortal (TP 2.0).  You can read about it here --> http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?issue=85.0

Quote from: lurkalot on January 18, 2012, 10:00:15 AM

Lurkalot, you had mentioned the same thing in the topic on the Team Board back when we first started talking about this, that it was working correctly for you but, at the time, I did some extensive testing, and I couldn't duplicate what you were saying.  However, I don't have IE9, then or now, but I don't think it's a browser issue anyway.  Here is a link to the topic on the Team Board to refresh your memory on it --> http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=34061.0

Mick, if you are able to do some additional testing on this, I would appreciate reading your findings.

ZarPrime

lurkalot

Quote from: ZarPrime on January 18, 2012, 05:07:30 PM

Mick, if you are able to do some additional testing on this, I would appreciate reading your findings.

ZarPrime

Zar, I remember that topic well. ;)  Just checked my site again, and it definitely takes me to the first unread post in a topic.  Haven't tried other browsers in this test, just IE9