TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:29:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 70
  • Total: 70

Clarification re TP 1.0 and SMF 2.07

Started by welshdog, May 02, 2014, 06:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sturmkatze

Thanks Maxx, Question though, I thought I had read that I could do it through SMF, and then just need to update one file (QueryString.php)? Is that correct???

I am not  a programmer at all. I DO wish I had come here before the update, as i would have just done 2.0.6 >:-o Too much to remember.

sturmkatze

darkangel

I got that error too and it just said the name of the query file and that the code failed to be placed.

I was going to leave as is but that bugs me...LOL so when I found out that I could apply the code to the file manually I did it. the TP is working bootifully as it always does.''will be happy when the new version is out too.

Thanks Maxx that is exactly the code I inserted into my querystring file from the zip files.
Fantasies Realm  | Fantasy Attic

SMF 2.0.15 | TP 1.2 | many mod addons | variety of themes

adambean

Quote from: Maxx1 on May 12, 2014, 08:25:08 PM
Here ya go> drop down window on right side select by version

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=97

regards,
Maxx

Hi Maxx, after installing TP 1.08 on SMF 2.09, I had the issues that others are having. Found this post and followed your link ... yet the changes proposed on QueryString.php are no different than that of the source. Am I missing something here?

Thanks

WillyP

Maxx is no longer providing support here. And please do not hijack threads, it makes it difficult to help you.

ZarPrime

Adambean,

Since this topic was last posted in over 6 months ago, it would make sense for you to start a topic of your own if you are having an issue. Oh, and you might want to check to be sure which version of Tinyportal you are actually using. 1.08 is the version we are using here, and it hasn't been released to the public yet.

Zarprime

darkangel

Thanks for putting the current version number in the post ZP, I did not realize we were at 1.08 already and have 1.07 installed everywhere. I needs to update.

goodness their site is slow today. I noticed that the version numbers there only go up to 2.04 of SMF though

ZarPrime

Quote from: darkangel on February 02, 2015, 07:49:00 PM
Thanks for putting the current version number in the post ZP, I did not realize we were at 1.08 already and have 1.07 installed everywhere. I needs to update.

goodness their site is slow today. I noticed that the version numbers there only go up to 2.04 of SMF though

Good to see you Darkangel. When we speak of 1.08 versus 1.07, it can be a little confusing to most people. Version 1.07 is the internal version number for Tinyportal 1.0 Final, whereas version 1.08 is the internal version number for Tinyportal 1.1, which should probably be considered a beta version. Because of this, 1.08 should not be used for a live forum yet without understanding that being able to return to 1.07 is impossible unless you have made full backups of both SMF & Tinyportal. This is because of the massive code changes that have been made for TP 1.1 to take advantage of the hooks in SMF.

darkangel

That's right, I remember now...LOL then I am current after all. YAY

now if the internet company could figure out why my net will boot me off regardless of wireless or hard wired.