TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:46:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 192
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 121
  • Total: 121

TinyPortal v1.0.5 upload problem

Started by Bobbyplant, April 09, 2008, 07:45:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbyplant

Hi, i have installed SMF 2.0 beta and everything has installed ok. One problem, however, when i attempt to upload TinyPortal v1.0.5 beta 1 i get the following error:

Could not upload package, please check directory permissions!

I have already changed the packages directory to 777 but still it will not upload?

Zetan

TP 1 does not currently work with SMF 2.

Bobbyplant

Thanks for the reply. I also have a test forum which is 1.1.4 and i get exactly the same message when trying to up tp?

G6Cad

The package manager have support on SMF as it's their engine.

However the error you get is becuase you have the wrong permissions to the packages folder. Eather you change it ( but doubtful the other files will allow the installed to change them ) manually, or you have to install TP manually to your forum according to the guides we have in our doc section.

jako10000

I had the same problem but I found a way around it, without using the method in the doc section that G6 suggested. The problem is that the latest version of TP is over 1MB and the package manager will not allow you to upload it. Here is the alternative method...

First you get the TP update and extract it.

Then you upload all off the folders within the update to the root of your forum (leaving the other files).

Once the folders are uploaded, delete them from the TP update and compress it again. This will mean that the update is now a lot smaller.

Then upload the update via the package manager as usual...

It doesn't even come up with an error ;)

Hope it helps...