TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:42:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 176
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 186
  • Total: 187
  • illori

TP Migration Issues

Started by street2k, May 17, 2006, 11:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

street2k

I have tinyportal .86 & smf rc2 installed on one server. I backed up the smf board and the directories. When installing to new server It will not allow it I get a this is your homepage page. Whats going on?

I also used a backed up of smf & had no problems getting it to work on the new server. The issues only arises when I try doing the same with the TP backup.

Is there anyway around manually editing the pages again.

Has anyone found a work around for this?

G6Cad

go to smf forums and download the repair_settings.php and upload that to your forum directory, run the file from your browser and see if it find the way back to the database

street2k

IchBin

A  description of "this is your homepage" would be nice.  Are you only restoring the database? Did you also use the backup for your files? A link to your site would be nice.

One thing you need to check on your SMF/TP database is to see if the TP tables have the smf prefix. If that is the case, then you shouldn't have a problem. The easiest way to do it would be to restore your files. Then restore your database via phpMyAdmin. Everything should work. You may want to run both repair_settings & repair_paths from the SMF site.

street2k

that worked, but the new problem is that it reset itself back to the original problem.