TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:55:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 304
  • Total: 305
  • @rjen

I just recovered my forum...do I need to reinstallv086, or can I just use v095

Started by hygron, November 01, 2006, 06:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hygron

Our server shut down the other day without warning :knuppel2: :tickedoff: :'(

I manged to recover d'base and attachments files and I have done a fresh smf1.0.7 install  I uploaded techhead like I had before.  Now I need to install
TPv086 which is what i had before.

I never had a chance to upgrade, and I was advised that I should reinstall the same forum..theme...and version of TP.  Is this true?  Or;  Can i download v095 and install it instead.

I just downloaded v096, and I'm going to see if it works...

If not.  Could someone link me to a download of v086.

thnaks Hygron.   AaaHHhhhhhh It's good to be back up. peace

G6Cad

Start with removing TechHead theme, always do all the upgrades with DEFAULT setup only.

And you dont have to install the old version, you can install the new one over the old Tp so you can go ahead and install the latest TP on your old setup, the DB will just upgrade the table and fill in whats missing.

hygron

One more question for clarification.

Can I just delete techhead file in Direct Admin or do I have to remove it using ftp.

would you take a look at the site G6 and tell me what you think is wrong.

www.hygronomics.com/forum1

Meanwhile I am going to do all my upgrades at smf...Talk to ya later..thanks

G6Cad

You manage this all by your self this time hygron ;) I have so much to do at home so i dont have the time to help you all the way now  :-\

If it is the correct theme you have in your theme folder, you dont need to delete the theme from the themes folder, just uninstall it from your admin /themes and layout and set your forum to use the SMF default theme.
When you havemanage to install TP you install the theme again, just make sure it really is the TP version of TechHead you have there.

hygron

thanks G6.  I want to do this myself, at least functions.  Due to recovery things are messed up.  I thought you might have a suggestion as to where to look.  thanks, I know you have a lot on your plate. I hope the family is good.

For continuity of this thread:

Boards are functional., but entire page is white with no borders.  I can post and members can sign in.

I will try site admin.

hygron

YyyeeeeeHhhaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

I needed to go into forum admin and delete/uninstall techhead there, ;) and default theme popped right up. ;D

I did it.  Recovered my forums...Ppheuuuwwwthanks for the nudge G6.

Now I plan on doing the full upgrade in smf before reinstall TP.  later peace thanks.