TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:34:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 79
  • Total: 80
  • @rjen

TinyPortal Glossary Module for TP 1

Started by Megaforum, April 01, 2008, 10:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glasgowbiz

I was just about to build a glossary the hard way and then spotted this. It failed to install however !

Error message on upload using package manager;
"The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted."

Dragooon

You don't install this via Package Manager, you have to install it via TP 1 Module manager, See Admin  TinyPortal > Modules.
I also said that in the first post.

glasgowbiz

Have mercy on us Dragooon. Thanks for quick feedback.

Dragooon

Ronlx2

This module is a great idea but I ran into a problem. One one of my forums the people want to have a translation dictionary and pharse dictionary for several different languages. When I went to add another directory it has code written in the description area and their is no submit tab.

Great module that can have many uses. :)

Dragooon

Thats funny, it worked fine for me, can you give me a screenshot?

Ronlx2

Here is a snap of what it shows when trying to ad a directory. Note that their is no submit button. Also here is the code that is showing in the description box.

Ronlx2

Found the problem and I can now ad directories. In the TPglossary.template
find:

<tr class="windowbg">
<td>',$txt['tp-glsry-dir-desc'],'</td>
<td><textarea name="desc" rows="5" cols="50"</textarea></td>
</tr>

Replace with

<tr class="windowbg">
<td>',$txt['tp-glsry-dir-desc'],'</td>
<td><textarea name="desc" rows="5" cols="50">',$dirs['description'],'</textarea></td>
</tr>

Ronlx2

We run a multi-cultural forum and this mod is perfect for us in using a language translator to ad directories like words and phrases. The thing that I have been trying to do with no luck is have the description show on the item page. Shown below is what we are trying to do.
This change would save people much time since they would see the translation without having to click on the link to the description page freeing up the description page for editing the word or phrase and seeing who posted it.

Ronlx2

The changes have been made on my forums and everything is working great now. We can add a word or phrase and the description (translation) show up under the word or phrase. Makes this a great mod now!