TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:00:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 308
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 307
  • Total: 308
  • lurkalot

Is it possible to change forum URL to community?

Started by [chrisB], January 01, 2023, 12:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[chrisB]

I've just installed Tiny Portal and I would like to know if it is possible to change forum to community within the URL?

If so, could someone please tell me how.

I am using SMF 2.1.3 and TinyPortal 2.2.2

tino

tino

You can either edit the code so it's action=community or use Apache's mod_rewrite and do it that way.

But we don't have a configuration option to do this.

[chrisB]

Thanks.

Perhaps you could advice me?

I prefer my forums to be /community/, I had SMF inside a folder which was community but I have moved to try to use portals. My first option didn't work out, as I experienced bugs but I have given Tiny Portal ago.

Would it be possible to have Tiny Portal in my root folder, with SMF being inside a community folder?

Otherwise, I think the htaccess would be the solution, although I have no idea how to achieve it.

tino

Quote from: [chrisB] on January 01, 2023, 05:30:17 PM
Thanks.

Perhaps you could advice me?

I prefer my forums to be /community/, I had SMF inside a folder which was community but I have moved to try to use portals. My first option didn't work out, as I experienced bugs but I have given Tiny Portal ago.

Would it be possible to have Tiny Portal in my root folder, with SMF being inside a community folder?

Otherwise, I think the htaccess would be the solution, although I have no idea how to achieve it.

What you are asking is outside of the standard SMF url format. They don't do /forum/ even.

You can install SMF in a root folder called community. Same as they do on the main SimpleMachinesForum. The rest is then under index.php?action=blah

If you put TinyPortal on there it means the community main page will be either the TinyPortal main page or the forum index if that's what you want shown with whatever blocks you want to be active.

[chrisB]

Sorry, I should've added from the beginning I am using Pretty URLs which changes the forum URL.

I'll look into the htaccess side as I tried editing the forum=action in the TP subs and nothing changed. I'm not sure where else to look.

tino

If you are using Pretty URL's I am pretty sure you can do it with that, although you should contact the mod author for that rather than us. They used to support Portal's from memory.

https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=636

prettyurls-extras-1.0-RC.zip - Provides rewrite filters for mods including seo4smf, Tinyportal Articles, Tagging System, Download System, ezPortal Pages, SMF Gallery, SMF Articles, SMF Classifieds, and SMF Store

That is from the modification page, they do the .htaccess for you.