TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:33:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 161
  • Total: 161

Windows 10 19H1, heading your way.

Started by lurkalot, March 25, 2019, 08:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

Another major Windows update is heading our way in April. 

Microsoft's next big Windows 10 feature update is almost ready. (version 1903) Codenamed 19H1, and likely known officially as the Windows 10 April 2019 Update, this release brings with it a few new features and lots of "improvements" to already existing ones.  https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-19h1-changelog

Hope it works out better than 1809, that's all I can say really.  ;)

lurkalot

Did I really say April.  :doh: It appears to be near the end of May when this update is rolled out, so keep your eyes peeled it'll be heading your way soon.

Of course those who are part of the MS insider program are probably already running it.

bigguy

I am an insider and yes I am running it and looking at the next release after this one.

lurkalot

Oh dear,  :o look what popped up in my Windows update today.  I assume they've fixed the issues they were having, and now rolling it out.  Anyone else installed it?

Ken.

My Windows 10 laptop (Lenovo) died a sudden death so I'm now using my old laptop that uses Windows 7... and I'm loving w7 like always. Kay's new-ish Windows 10 laptop is wanting to download v 1903 now and I'm wondering the same as you are Mick, should I download the update or wait.  :hmm:
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

lurkalot

Quote from: Ken. on June 11, 2019, 10:11:05 PM
My Windows 10 laptop (Lenovo) died a sudden death so I'm now using my old laptop that uses Windows 7... and I'm loving w7 like always. Kay's new-ish Windows 10 laptop is wanting to download v 1903 now and I'm wondering the same as you are Mick, should I download the update or wait.  :hmm:

Well.  Well I've only just got my laptop back up and running after trying the 1903 update.  It failed to install with error code 0x80240034 Which I believe means it didn't download properly.  It downloaded it again and is installing in the background as I type this. 

No doubt it will let me know I need to restart soon, or perhaps like last time it'll just reboot without warning and leave me with a right mess again. lol.. Earlier when it rebooted I had no keyboard, or sound card working, which was a tad awkward to say the least.  :knuppel2:

So if I disappear again you'll know what happened.  ;)

lurkalot

Finally it's installed and working.  It was installed to 68% when I went to bed last night, this morning it wanted me to restart so it could finish the update, which is has just finished doing.  Seems to be working nicely now. 

Ken.

" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.