TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:20:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,165
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 142
  • Total: 142

How do i...?

Started by you owns, October 16, 2009, 01:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

you owns

Just wondering if anyone could tell me how i get the "packages" thing on my forum, cause it aint on mine... Do i need mysql or something?

Get back to this, Thanks.

ZarPrime

Hello you owns,

Welcome to TinyPortal.

Are you talking about the Package Manager?

It doesn't really have anything to do with TP but it should be in your Admin Section at the following location ...
Admin --> Main --> Packages

The url to it should be something like --> http://yoursite.com/index.php?action=packages

ZarPrime

you owns

Well thats it, i dont have a "packages" thing... but could it be because i never like got a mysql username and pass etc,,, idk how to do that though..

ZarPrime

If you setup an SMF Forum, you have to have a database.  In order to get to the Admin section you need to login into your site with your Admin username and password that you setup when you set the Forum up.  If you didn't setup the Forum, then you need to get the person who set it up to give you Admin access if you are supposed to have it.  This is the only way to get into the Admin section where the Package Manager and other nifty things are located.

ZarPrime

you owns

Well how do i setup my smf forum so it has mysql or whatever and i can log in and have those "nifty" things

ZarPrime

Do you already have a Forum setup?  If so, can you give me a link to it so that I can see it please.

ZarPrime

IchBin

You don't have a package manager because you are on a free host who does not allow you to install packages/mods.

ZarPrime

OK, well that explains it.  Your host is someone who runs a forum themselves which allows others to run a sub-forum on their site, which is what your Forum is.  In other words, your Forum is not on a real host.  For this reason your options are severely limited if you choose to remain with them.  Because of this, you cannot install any themes on your Forum nor can you install any SMF Mods, which TinyPortal is.

If you want a real Forum that you can have control over, I suggest you dump this one and go with a real host.  More information on why TintPortal won't work on your site can be seen in this topic from the Forum that you are on ...
http://www.smfsupport.com/support/general_support/tinyportal_or_tinyportals_which_works_here-t3379.0.html;msg17528#msg17528

ZarPrime

Edit:  pipped by Ichbin.  Thanks Boss. :up: