TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:17:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 192
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 164
  • Total: 164

Questions before install

Started by jernatety, May 16, 2018, 05:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

Ahh yes, you can do that as tino said, I must have misunderstood your original question, and thought you just wanted to keep the forum going, and hide just the front page while you worked on it.

Obviously if you're going to build it behind closed doors then you can disregard my instructions given earlier, and just add remove blocks as required after install.   ;)

jernatety

So.... Really weird thing happens after install.

First, I installed during maintenance. Got everything configured the way I wanted. Everything looked awesome on both computer and mobile. However, on the mobile when I tap to read a topic, the topic isn't responsive. You have to slide to the left to read everything. Thought that was weird so I checked again starting from scratch. Again all of the tinyportal aesthetics and forum looked great on the mobile but when I tap to open a post it's not responsive.

So I uninstalled again. After uninstall the topics/posts are responsive again on the mobile. Hopefully somebody else experienced this and there's a fix?

tino

Is this just with the standard SMF theme and the responsive mod?

Does it do the same on this site if you choose that theme?

Do you have any sidebars enabled? If you do what is in them?

I assume you've disabled it on your site currently?

jernatety

Hi Tino, thank you for responding, I highlighted my answers red.

Quote from: tino on May 18, 2018, 04:32:58 PM
Is this just with the standard SMF theme and the responsive mod? - Yes default theme "Curve" with responsive curve mod

Does it do the same on this site if you choose that theme? No, when I change the theme on this site on my mobile and tap to open a topic it's responsive.

Do you have any sidebars enabled? If you do what is in them? Yes, left (User block), and Right (Stats Block). That's all nothing else. Everything with the portal works fine. It's when I tap to open a topic, it's not responsive it's full size. But when I uninstall the mod it goes back to working fine, the topic is responsive.

I assume you've disabled it on your site currently? Yes, uninstalled because I don't know how to disable any other way.

tino

Can you install TinyPortal so that I can view the site with the issue active? I can't really debug easily without seeing it occuring.

jernatety

Quote from: tino on May 18, 2018, 04:49:00 PM
Can you install TinyPortal so that I can view the site with the issue active? I can't really debug easily without seeing it occuring.

How do you want me to give you admin info?

tino

Quote from: jernatety on May 18, 2018, 04:57:04 PM
Quote from: tino on May 18, 2018, 04:49:00 PM

How do you want me to give you admin info?

If you can enable it, and not have it in maintenance mode then I can view it as a guest. Don't really need admin access unless you would rather no one else possibly see it.

If you want to leave it in maintenance mode then you can pm me a login and password on here and I'll log in to check.

jernatety

Ok, I'm in maint mode and sent you PM with admin

tino

Quote from: jernatety on May 18, 2018, 05:10:27 PM

Unfortunately when I click on a topic it's responsive, do you have one which isn't working?

What browser are you using?

jernatety

Quote from: tino on May 18, 2018, 05:14:54 PM
Quote from: jernatety on May 18, 2018, 05:10:27 PM

Unfortunately when I click on a topic it's responsive, do you have one which isn't working?

What browser are you using?

I'm on a samsung S8 android using CHROME browser.