TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:55:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 247
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 248
  • Total: 248

2 issues with TP

Started by arslun, April 26, 2021, 03:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arslun

Hi,
We have installed TP 2.0.1 on SMF 2.1 RC3. We have used the Upper Panel to display different topics in 3 blocks as New Topic, New Replies and Hot Topics by using PHP codes.

Here are the issues:

1. After installing TP, some topics will become blank when they are opened by admin, and some of them for all users. These issues can be resolved if I remove the TP related parts from the Settings table.

2. Can't uninstall TP. Since we have the issue as described, I have tried to reinstall it, but failed to uninstall it.

Please help. Thanks

@rjen

Welcome to TinyPortal

I see you also posted this @ smf? Are you sure this is TinyPortal related?

Reason I a masking is that you are the first reporting this...

As for your questions:
Item 1. some topics will become blank...

When you say 'blank' what exacly happens: is the page emtpy or just the topic area?

You mention that you are using some php blocks: are these used on those 'blank' pages? First thing to try is deactivated the phph blocks (switch them off) and try again...
You would not be the first that has invalid PHP code in blocks causing issues...
If the topics show then at least that's a place to start looking

Item 1. Can't uninstall TP...
Why not? What errors does it give you?
TP does not do any code edits in SMF 2.1 so I assume there is something else...

On a general note: manually removing table entries from the database is generally NOT recommended. What did you remove and from what table?

A link to the forum in question would be nice, if possible to see what exactly the issue is?
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

@rjen

Think I found your forum?

http://munber.iuyghur.com/index.php

I see it has RTL language... not sure if that has anything to do with it... what happens when logging on in English?

Either that is a different forum, of the information you provided is incorrect: that forum is running 2.1 RC1 and TinyPortal 1.6.2...

arslun

Hi @rjen,
Thanks for your quick response.

Issue 1:

When it's blank, nothing will show on the page.

The PHP codes are same for all topics. Not sure why only some topics are having the issue.

I have tried to deactivate them, and even deleted all the blocks. Didn't work.

Issue 2:
Uninstall is also returning a blank page. No errors

------
I have tried many things to fix the issues. One of them is to install a new SMF and copy only the boards, categories, topics, messages and user data tables. It fixed the issue. I can go with from here and update rest of the forum settings.
But I also tried to keep all data on the old forum, and just replaced the Settings table from the new forum. It worked as well. This is a better choose as I don't have to update other forum settings. Then I came to an idea to compare the Settings table from old and new installation. Then where I found if I remove the TP related parts from the settings the issue is resolved. But the mod is still there. That is why I wanted to uninstall it. I can leave it but don't want keep an mode that is not used.

@rjen

So you do not have the forum available now?
No way to troubleshoot this then.

Still not sure what 'entries in the settings table' you are referring to. As far as I kown Tinyportal does not make any settings in the smf_settings table, except the Hooks.

If those are the ones you deleted, then you have effectively uninstalled tinyportal (as I said: no code edits in 2.1)
So then you do not have to uninstall it anymore, but if you want to set it to uninstalled there is standard SMF tool for that: https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Manually_setting_a_package_installed_or_uninstalled

arslun

I meant those Hooks added to the Settings table.
I am able to uninstall TP now. I have reinstalled it but had the same issue. Uninstalled it again. The issue is resolved.

Thanks for your help.