TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:01:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 310
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 309
  • Total: 310
  • lurkalot

Elkarte TinyPortal Testing

Started by tino, January 05, 2021, 01:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McFly

It would be much easier if the version numbers were continuous ...  ;)

I have just replaced the correctly working installation (RC3 from 21 Nov 21) with the latest version (RC3 from 8 Jan 22) and it still works correctly.

The not correctly working installation is the latest one with data transfer from SMF 2.0.19 to Elkarte, which I did now on Tuesday.
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance."

Testsites (may be online or not ;-) )
ElkArte 1.1.x & TP on Apache2.4.48, PHP 8.1.2 FPM/FastCGI, MariaDB 10.5.12

tino

Quote from: Mc Fly on January 20, 2022, 04:22:46 PM
It would be much easier if the version numbers were continuous ...  ;)

I have just replaced the correctly working installation (RC3 from 21 Nov 21) with the latest version (RC3 from 8 Jan 22) and it still works correctly.

The not correctly working installation is the latest one with data transfer from SMF 2.0.19 to Elkarte, which I did now on Tuesday.

It would be but RC3 isn't released, so it's technically the git commit. If I released every time I fixed something we'd be at RC99103 by now. As I like to break things!

If you know how to pull the git commit into the code after the commit has been done then I'd happily use that as the version.

McFly

I'm going slightly mad!  :idiot2:

Just switched the non working installation from PHP 7.4 to PHP 8.0.14 as a test. Result was an error:

Error: undefined
Warning: Undefined array key "icon_max_size"

After switching back to PHP 7.4, I was able to log in again. And ... TADAAAAA ... now it runs correctly.  8)

EDIT:

Ah ... ok ... I think it's the "Forward after login" setting. The portal type must be set to "Standalone" if the redirection after login to the front page should work correctly. Or respectively, with the setting, calling the forum works again.

But still got undefined-sub-action-errors on adding downloads or galleries.

McFly

The icon-max-size / icon-width warning under PHP8 becomes a notice under PHP7:

TPortalAdmin.english.php, line 248
$txt['tp-adminiconsinfo'] = 'PNG, JPG or GIF, Max-size: ' .$context['TPortal']['icon_max_size']. ' KB. Images will be resized so the shortest side is ' .$context['TPortal']['icon_width']. ' px, while retaining aspect ratio. Note that the top area of the image will be used as article icon.';

tino

Downloads, Gallaries and Menu I will probably disable as options soon. As I want to try and package a release with minimal issues.

I'll look at the icon warning. It will be a setting somewhere which isn't being set.

McFly

Updated version of german formal translation.  :)

tino

It's about time I drafted the next RC release so providing no bugs are reported against this pre-release then I'll get it released early February.

https://github.com/Tinyportal/ElkTP/archive/refs/heads/master.zip

McFly

Under PHP8+ I get the following error:

Error: Undefined
Warning: Undefined array key "portal_type"
File: .../TinyPortal/Views/TPortalAdmin.template.php
Line: 112

The selection field for the portal type is corrupted and the other options are cut off, the administration page ends abruptly there.

It is also still not possible to create a PHP block because the editor field is hidden.

I'll check the PHP7.4 installation later.

tino

Quote from: Mc Fly on January 22, 2022, 02:07:30 PM
Under PHP8+ I get the following error:

Error: Undefined
Warning: Undefined array key "portal_type"
File: .../TinyPortal/Views/TPortalAdmin.template.php
Line: 112

The selection field for the portal type is corrupted and the other options are cut off, the administration page ends abruptly there.

It is also still not possible to create a PHP block because the editor field is hidden.

I'll check the PHP7.4 installation later.

That's an issue when you don't do a clean install!

I'll fix that in the install options. If you can get to the TPAdmin settings and set it still through there it will work again.

tino

Fixed the error and also one to do with Guest Access. Killed the release and will just work from the master until it's ready to tag, obviously I went to early.