TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:03:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,165
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 117
  • Total: 117

Tiny Portal Help Please

Started by comanchero18, August 04, 2006, 06:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comanchero18

Ok, I think I got it figured out but the problem is TP in not correct because I tried to install over what I had uninstalled and it's telling me That TP is installed.  I get a failure message on the install complete lines 6,7,8,9.

At this point I think I need to figure out how to uninstall TP from my hard drive and start over.

akulion

How are you trying to install TP ?

Installation of TP is done via Package manager

And what error messages are you getting?

Also are you attempting an install on your local PC or on your server?

comanchero18

I am installing it on my PC

The error message after install is completed on lines 6,7,8,9, is "Failure"

akulion

Line 6,7,8 and 9 ?

I assume you are talking about the Package Installer here?

If the lines are appearing in red with the Failure message then that means you must have mods installed on the forum already which are conflicting with TP

TP itself is a mod but its a huge mod since it adds a LOT to SMF

So it is recommended that TP should be installed before any other mods so that no conflicts occur.

Is that your case as well? That you have mods installed?

comanchero18

I installed TP, uninstalled TP then Installed it again.  I have SMF is that a mod? So if I get those messages again after I install TP I should just ignore them and do I need to install TP on my server?

akulion

Ok now you totally lost me here

Tiny Portal is a mod for SMF forums...so SMF is not a mod but rather the Simple Machines Forum system which must be installed for TP to run in the first place

For your website to be Live it has to be placed on a server, so yes SMF and TP would have to be installed on a server for them to work on the internet

If you installed TP the first time it should have asked you to 'restart' your forum by clicking a link - Did you get that?

If yes then its successfully installed and working.

If no - then please explain everything more clearly since I really am finding it very difficult to understand exactly what is going wrong for you.

comanchero18

Not sure if TP is using all it functions properly since I have installed and uninstalled a couple of times but the blocks are there and when I go to my website under a user that is not admin I see the blocks and everything seems to be working fine.

Not sure if I got the "restart" link but, if everything is working from a new registered user point of view then I guess everything is ok?

anunlike

comanchero18,

Please read all of SMF's online documentation before continuing further. It's difficult for us to follow you and for you to do what we suggest if you don't know the basics of SMF and TP.

http://docs.simplemachines.org/

comanchero18

I have a administration user name

and

a normal user name

One of the user names I use to sign in gives me  adminstration privledges

The other name I use to sign in is as a normal user with no administration privledges to test the system.

The website seems to be working fine from the normal user name.

The website seems to be working fine from the Administration user name.

I guess everything is ok and I am just trying to tweak the Frontpage now.  Thanks for all your help. c