TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:14:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 151
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 151
  • Total: 152
  • tino

Elkarte TinyPortal Testing

Started by tino, January 05, 2021, 01:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@rjen

Tbh I did not do much of testing yet, mostly because I was under the impression that you are still making changes...
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

tino

Quote from: @rjen on February 13, 2021, 06:31:14 PM
Tbh I did not do much of testing yet, mostly because I was under the impression that you are still making changes...

I will be on the development release, this was just an intermediate RC. Much like SMF are doing with 2.1 tbf. I just wanted to make sure it all worked as expected before I add the other things in from the development release and break things even more than I already have!

Hopefully, the majority works and I can get on with development knowing what I have released is ok.

tino

I pushed RC2 as the 'stable' release a few weeks ago. Now working on the RC3 which has the blocks backend reworked and makes it easier to add new block types, and currently has templates for the menu, gallery and download sections which basically do nothing atm.

Regarding the gallery and downloads what do you like in terms of styling? I'm not overly keen on the existing TinyPortal layout (for downloads) but it's not dreadful.

It seems I have made over 100,000 lines of code edits to this from the SMF version so I think they are on different paths now..

lurkalot

Quote from: tino on March 06, 2021, 01:02:33 PM
I pushed RC2 as the 'stable' release a few weeks ago. Now working on the RC3 which has the blocks backend reworked and makes it easier to add new block types, and currently has templates for the menu, gallery and download sections which basically do nothing atm.

Regarding the gallery and downloads what do you like in terms of styling? I'm not overly keen on the existing TinyPortal layout (for downloads) but it's not dreadful.

It seems I have made over 100,000 lines of code edits to this from the SMF version so I think they are on different paths now..

That's a lot of edits tino.  :o  I'll have to try it again, and see what you've done with it.  ;)

I quite like the layout for the TP downloads, I guess again it's because I'm used to it.  But gallery layouts seem to be very similar throughout and seem to follow follow a set layout, only so much you can do with it I suppose.

Are you providing the option to choose either GD or ImageMagick to process the images? Or just sticking to GD?

I've used Coppermine for many years, but although it's extremely powerful it's styling is to be desired and can be quite frustrating at times.   

tino

It will support all the image library formats that PHP support. As I have a class for that already which I will just copy over, well it will try all of them anyway and fallback to which ever one works.

lurkalot

Quote from: tino on March 06, 2021, 02:41:32 PM
It will support all the image library formats that PHP support. As I have a class for that already which I will just copy over, well it will try all of them anyway and fallback to which ever one works.

Thanks, not selectable in config then.  I must admit I always had a preference for ImageMagick always processed sharper images and handles more file types, but when I moved server I had to switch to GD because ImageMagick wasn't available, seems it isn't on many hosts nowadays, unless it's making a comeback.  My old host had both library's installed, so what would happen in this case, which one would it choose?

tino

It's imagik then gd for manipulation, although it's exif to get the actual data. It's not configurable to choose mind, other than not installing the php package.

lurkalot

Finally managed to get my FTP client to connect to my free, for how long I don't know.  It's a really pain in the arse.  Anyway,, while I have access I quickly uploaded a copy of ElkArte 1.1.6 and Elk-TinyPortal 1.0.0 RC2  http://lts4.byethost7.com/testsite9/

Looking good so far tino.  How's RC3 coming along?

tino

It's kind of hit a standstill, I'm half way through the block rewrite and have template functions for shouts, downloads, menu and gallery sections.

So it's progressing just slowly.

lurkalot

Thanks, let me know if you need it testing, I'll bung it up on there.

I Was going to add some sample blocks, but hit my first issue when adding a Top BBC block.. Block gets added but can't add any content to it, Got this error on page,

"An Error Has Occurred
Call to undefined function TinyPortal\Controller\TP_prebbcbox()"

And in error log,

Type of error: Undefined
Exception: Call to undefined function TinyPortal\Controller\TP_prebbcbox()
http://lts4.byethost7.com/testsite9/index.php?action=admin;area=tpblocks;sa=editblock&id=6;sesc
File: /home/vol11_7/byethost7.com/b7_24299229/htdocs/testsite9/TinyPortal/Controller/BlockAdmin.php
Line: 270