TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:27:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 248
  • Total: 248

Blocks and Articles issues

Started by Oldiesmann, February 15, 2005, 04:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

Playing around with Tinyportal now (http://smf.oldiesmann.us/tinyportal) and found a couple problems.

I created a block, then went in to edit it and specify who could see it. After that, the block was displayed twice.

Also, I created an article with intro text. The "Read more..." link doesn't work.

Bjørn

Yes, the permission don't work properly, I recently discovered... It will be fixed in the next release.

And you are right...the readmore just show the intro again instead of full page.

NightOwl

Seems this is a hot request of the permission issue.

I am looking forward for it as well.

Nice work and wish I could help with my limit knowledge.

NightOwl

Seems editing arcticles doesn't save after I'd clicked "send". Any solutions for this?

NightOwl

Another suggestion about blocks:

I think it will be nice if pre-made blocks can be made which works identical with Forums stats(Info Center). So the forum can concenstrate on displaying Forums only.

Bjørn

I am testing it out now..it seems to be something with IE. When you try to save articles, do you have any articles from before? 

Bjørn

Yes, i was thinking about about adding built-in blocks for the events and stats there...not sure it will in this beta though.

NightOwl

Quote from: Bloc on February 21, 2005, 04:45:39 PM
I am testing it out now..it seems to be something with IE. When you try to save articles, do you have any articles from before?ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, 

Only the default articile there. Fisrt time, I think it failed cause I didn't give a topic name to the new article. Then try next time with a topic name and it doesn't saved any changes I've made on the default "type content here".

Humm.. I might try to do it with Opera instead see if that works out.

NightOwl

Yes, no-IE browser works. This made IE more odd again. hehe.

I think that only work without the AplosRTE editor not used by Opera

Bjørn

strange. It works fine with me in both IE and Mozilla. What kind of IE do you have ? IE 6 for PC?