TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:26:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 236
  • Total: 236

Can I convert a existing website with SMF to Tiny Portal

Started by comanchero18, August 02, 2006, 03:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

comanchero18

IchBin

With TinyPortal there is no "conversion process". TinyPortal is a modification to the SMF forum. So anything to do with your SMF forum will not lost, but added to. As for any other web pages you have outside of the forum, they can be added to articles and stuff.

comanchero18

Someone else got my site up for me using SMF then I found the Helios Milticolor theme I want to use but don't know much about how to install, like where do I  browse to from package manager to get the download?

comanchero18

I guess I should start at the beginning, how do I back up my data & Modifications?

IchBin

You can backup your database in the Maintenance section of your Admin panel for SMF. Just copy your files from your website to your hard drive to back them up. You download TinyPortal from this website, and then you find it on your hard drive when you go into the package manager. If you have mods installed then it will most likely fail in some aspects. But you can always remove the mods, install TP and then try to reinstall your other mods.

anunlike

Quote from: comanchero18 on August 02, 2006, 03:53:50 AMSomeone else got my site up for me using SMF then I found the Helios Milticolor theme I want to use but don't know much about how to install, like where do I  browse to from package manager to get the download?

See how this works for you:

http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?topic=6771

comanchero18

Backed up my site to Mydocs showing up as a SQL file and a copy is in my winzip using the back up database and ckecking the following,

Save table structure
Save the table data. (the important stuff.)
Compress the file with gzip.

So now my question is...What it a mod? And How do I disable them and do I save them in a seperate folder? 

Please keep in mind this is my first try at anything like this.  Thanks in advance for all your help. c

Crip

Tiny portal is a mod made for SMF, download it and install the zip via your package manager..you'll be glad ya did. ;)
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

IchBin

I'd say you need to do a bit of reading before you try and do anything. Head over to http://mods.simplemachines.org/ to see what mods are. You don't disable most mods. If you want to turn them off you probably have to uninstall them. There's a short install guide here that you'll need to read when you're ready to install.

http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?topic=6771

comanchero18

I can't seem to download the Tp theme from winzip when I go to package manager, browse it want to download winzip and won't let me find the Tp file I want to download???