TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:48:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 319
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 141
  • Total: 142
  • @rjen

?action=unread;all

Started by dismal shadow, April 01, 2010, 11:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismal shadow

Can someone replace ?action=unread link with ?action=unread;all, because every time I login there's no new unread, so I had to use ?action=unread;all to see new unread posts.

bloc

What do you mean? You should have a button that says "all unread topics", all highlighted in dark blue?

dismal shadow

You mean this?
"No unread topics found since your last visit. Click here to try all unread topics"
Yes, I know about that. it's still annoying anyway. This is why I removed on my site as it serves no purpose.  :P

bloc

Of course it serves a purpose. Each time I login here I see the unread since last time - but if it was something i didn't see last time, or didn't have time, I can still get to those by the "all" link on that page.

And besides, by letting everyone read "all" all the time, you put a higher strain on the server, as the db call to find all unread can take much longer than just unread since last visit.

dismal shadow

Quote from: Bloc on April 01, 2010, 02:10:48 PM
Of course it serves a purpose. Each time I login here I see the unread since last time - but if it was something i didn't see last time, or didn't have time, I can still get to those by the "all" link on that page.

And besides, by letting everyone read "all" all the time, you put a higher strain on the server, as the db call to find all unread can take much longer than just unread since last visit.
I see, but chances are you will miss those "unreads" since "your last visit"
I missed some topics I have yet to read because there are times when you get timeout and logout and didn't read it yet, you login again it's just there's no unread posts there.  ;)