TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:56:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

TinyPortal.net Home Page

Started by NeoMorph, April 01, 2010, 10:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoMorph

Foundsome bugs with your site... you probably know about them but on the offchance that you don't...

• Bullet Lists don't appear to be working (this is in one FYI)
  • The "Wide" option at the top of the page appears to do nothing...
  • Seems like the home page got messed up somehow if you use IE8 Compatibility Mode...

clothahump

NeoMorph

What browser do you use...

I just found out that what works for my own layout in IE8 compatibility mode totally screws up in normal IE8 mode and Firefox...

I hate browser incompatabilities... why couldn't they all stick to one damned standard AND STICK TO IT!

It's sending me   :idiot2:

Xarcell

Quote from: NeoMorph on April 01, 2010, 11:20:10 AM

I hate browser incompatabilities...

You mean to hate IE incompatibility....  :P

NeoMorph

Arrghh... I have had it with IE and have just uninstalled it. Sick to death of IE8 crapping out all over the place with resizing text entry boxes as you type and then hiding where you are typing, compatibility mode sucks as it changes stuff wrongly and, let's face it, IE8 is WORSE not better than IE7.

I used and liked IE7... IE8 should never have passed QA.

So I am now officially a Firefox adopter.

Oh and now Wide works... go figure.

Swampy

Quote from: NeoMorph on April 09, 2010, 12:05:18 AM
Arrghh... I have had it with IE and have just uninstalled it. Sick to death of IE8 crapping out all over the place with resizing text entry boxes as you type and then hiding where you are typing, compatibility mode sucks as it changes stuff wrongly and, let's face it, IE8 is WORSE not better than IE7.

I used and liked IE7... IE8 should never have passed QA.

So I am now officially a Firefox adopter.

Oh and now Wide works... go figure.

It's fine to be pissed at IE8 however if you are operating a site you have to keep in mind that the majority of your users are using IE8 and you should be aware of what they are seeing.  Most often switching IE8 to compatibility mode resolves issues.

:)