TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:50:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 198
  • Total: 198

"Modification parse error" upon install SMF 1.1RC3 + TP 0.95/0.96

Started by poasters, October 17, 2006, 12:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poasters

Hello, I have attempted my first TP install, but it did not work.

First, I chmod(777) all of the files.

Using the SMF 1.1RC3 package manager, both TP 0.95 and TP 0.96 result in a "Modification parse error" during installation.

Using the manual install method, only a blank screen results.

Please help.

G6Cad

Did you get any errors from the package manager during the install?

Download this zipfile with the premade manual install files.
http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=9632.0;attach=6630

Extract the zipfile and upload it to your forum (make a backup of the old files)

Note that when you use this file package, some of your other mods you have might not work and needs to be reinstalled !

poasters

Yes, the SMF package manager gave a "Modification parse error" during the install.

After the package install failed, I deleted the package, uploaded the file you linked, and ran the manual_tp_install.php file from the browser. It appeared to go successfully, but now the forum is a blank screen.

G6Cad

You have to add the rest of the file from the manual install package from the download section to if you have removed the package.
I thought you installed TP and had a blank screen, but if you have removed the package, you have to manually add the files again from the manuall package.
(No the zip in the other post)
Download and extract the files from the manual install package and upload them to your forum.

poasters

Which files do you mean? There don't appear to be any TP 0.96 files on the downloads page.

poasters

Thanks G6!

It appears to be installed now and working properly thus far.