TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:43:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 81
  • Total: 81

TinyPortal + SMF upgrade problem

Started by Wheelspin, November 23, 2014, 09:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheelspin

My main system has SMF 1.1.19 + TP v1.0 beta 4: http:/www dot gbbikers dot co dot uk/gbb/index.php

My test was on this setup and I have just tried to upgrade it.  I installed SMF 2.0.9 which seem to work fine.  I then installed TP v1.0 and, with the exception of the QueryString.php issue which I corrected manually it seemed to work.

It does work when logged out but as soon as I login it displays just the left hand panel and nothing else.  It doesn't matter which page you visit it just shows the left panel.
http://test dot gbbikers dot co dot uk/index.php?action=forum

The v1 SMF system had a load of mods installed but the v2 upgrade removed them all and TP is the first mod that I re-installed.

Language is English and the theme is the default one in all cases.

Browser is Firefox 33.0.

I tried to attach a screenshot of the logged in behaviour but I can't see any options to attach. Message me if you need a login activating.

G6Cad

Did you check your panelsettings in the administration ?

lurkalot

OK as it was a upgrade from SMF 1.1.x to SMF 2.0.x there's one (or more) blocks that need to be upgraded to work with SMF 2. 

Try turning the blocks off one by one until your panel reappears, then tell us what the code is in the offending block(s) to see if we can fix it.

A clue to help you track it down.:  It's obviously a block that you need to be logged in to see, since the panel works when you view as guest.

Hope this helps.

Wheelspin

How do I turn off panels without access to the TP Admin page?

lurkalot

Wheelspin

Using either of those links loads a page with the TP admin sidebar on the left and then my forum's usual left side TP panel filling the rest of the page.  Nothing else is visible.  Navigating using the TP sidebar menu appears to move around the site (the url updates) but the main content of the page is still missing.

Wheelspin

ok, I cleared the tp_blocks table and the main forum index is now working.  However, it still won't load the TP Admin Blocks page.  All I get is:

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| TP Admin                                                                                                              |
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Tinyportal News                                                                                                       |
| TinyPortal is now being maintained at www.tinyportal.net, and can also be downloaded from the SMF modsite.            |

sitting at the bottom of the page with the standard admin menu bar on the left.

ZarPrime

Wheelspin,

I know you said your forum language is English but, just for my info, could you try this link?

Blank Admin Panel or Text missing?

Wheelspin

Only one language installed:

English    ISO-8859-1    17    en_US

ZarPrime

OK, someone might have to take a look at that for you then. I can't do it today but go ahead and setup a test account with Admin access and if nobody else can look into it for you by tomorrow evening,  in about 24 hours, go ahead and send me a PM with the login credentials and I'll take a look.

If someone else can take a look before then, go ahead and let them check it out but don't post the login info publically. You can trust anyone with a tinyportal badge though.