TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:55:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 81
  • Total: 82
  • @rjen

developmental suggestion

Started by a2h, December 18, 2006, 11:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a2h

I talked this over with a projrct mngr at smf, but at the moment they are very busy with thier stuff. so, i thought id ask here...

blogging is a huge market. I found a really good open source blog software with multiblog capabilities,has its own permissions, and admin areas,etc. SMF checked the software, and said its one the best candidates for integration with its plugin set up, however they are too busy at the moment..

if someone really wants to put something of good use into SMF/TP i would like to suggest a developer look at www.lifetype.net

i would like to see where permissions can be inegrated into smf/tp admin panel, where users have some really good features, and administrator still has full control. Accessibilty to certain membergroups,etc.

I would like a blogging community as an extension to the forum community i have established.

all this in a relatively small package that lifetype offers....

**this has been put on my wishlist for the PHP Santa...

G6Cad

Good morning a2h.

Seems like a great blog, but i wonder if you have tried the FelBlog thats been made by Feline and for SMF /TP as a module to the same ?
She have a bit of updating to do right now, but it integrates fully to SMF and TP and can be installed through the package manager  :)

a2h

yes i have, and i do like felblog, however i cant get it to install without errors,etc...no ones ever around feline's site to get help with it

a2h

keep getting the corrupt or incompatible error message when i try to install it

ok, got passed that, just to have it screw up the whole site....just got done, reloading everything from back up......

G6Cad

Oh, doesent sound good at all, she needs to update her package.

Her site url

http://www.xyfrauen.com

Thurnok

She's a bit behind on the TP version for it.  I'm sure she will have it up to speed soon.  Much sooner than someone trying to integrate a standalone blog system or writing a complete new one.